S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been bagged for a couple of months and I have not had an alignment because every shop I go to says they cant or wont do it. My main problem is that my front tires lean in and wear out the inside of my tires. I tried riding the front all the way up and it still wears them out. I need to get this fixed because I just got new rims and tires and they are already wearing. If I find a shop to align it will they be able to ajust it so that it doesnt lean? I see other s10s on here that dont even look like they have negative camber when they are laid out. What should I do? Thanks, Brad

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I have very very little negative camber, and all the shops around here have no problem aligning bagged trucks...they're all used it it. Dunno what to tell ya...they should be able to fix the camber with some shims...dunno tho...

·
Registered
613 Posts
first off...do you have spindles?...if so then take the truck at full lay and put a right angle square next to it and see how far off you are...then loosen the upper controll arm nuts a little and remove the shims one at a time to correct it if you have any shims to remove..if not...i don't know what to tell you...

maybe some adjustable upper arms or something......:dunno:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have belltech 2" drop spindles. So if I remove a couple of shims it will fix the negative camber? I had thought about doing this but wasnt sure if I needed to add or remove.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have heard that National Tire And Battery (NTB) will do alignments on bagged trucks. I'm in Texas, so I dont know if you guys have these in Alabama. (Or wherever your from) If you do then I would check them out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
it'll also depend on the sensors that each shop uses. on the front wheel sensors they need to be able to see from the left side to the right side. if you are to low then the body of the vehicle will get in the way.

·
former title junky mod
6,494 Posts
96s-dime said:
I have been bagged for a couple of months and I have not had an alignment because every shop I go to says they cant or wont do it. My main problem is that my front tires lean in and wear out the inside of my tires. I tried riding the front all the way up and it still wears them out. I need to get this fixed because I just got new rims and tires and they are already wearing. If I find a shop to align it will they be able to ajust it so that it doesnt lean? I see other s10s on here that dont even look like they have negative camber when they are laid out. What should I do? Thanks, Brad
I dont know how close you are to the coast, but I live on the MS gulf coast and there are several shops here that do alignments on bagged trucks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried calling NTB today after calling some other shops that gave me the same bs answers they always give me and they said there is no reason why they shouldnt be able to do it. It is only a hour away so thats not to bad. I am going first thing monday morning to see if they can do it. Thanks for the help everybody!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The main problem is not your camber but more that the toe is out and that is what is wearing your tires out faster. now dont get me wrong but toe will wear it faster then camber. At our shop we align about 10 to 15 lowered trucks a week. When you get your toe set as long as you keep you tires rotated the camber will not effect it as bad as you might think.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
NfsMotorsports said:
The main problem is not your camber but more that the toe is out and that is what is wearing your tires out faster. now dont get me wrong but toe will wear it faster then camber. At our shop we align about 10 to 15 lowered trucks a week. When you get your toe set as long as you keep you tires rotated the camber will not effect it as bad as you might think.
Agreed. for those of you having trouble getting your truck aligned, if you can at least get them to set the toe for you, it will eliminate the bump steer, and make a big difference. But you should continue to look for some one to do a complete alignment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts