S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all im new here.,

I was wondering if the camber was adjustable on a 93 sonoma 2wd, my passenger side tire seems to sit straight but the drivers side has a little bit of noticable camber, the truck is dropped about 2 inchs i believe, ( i bought it lowered ) not sure the exact drop.

If the camber is adjustable can someone explain how i could do this my self?

thanks lots!

·
Flat Out Fabricator
4,331 Posts
behind the upper control arm there is shims behind 2 bolts.. if you need to add shims do so or take away. The best way would be carrying to a tire shop and get an alignment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i took it to try to get an alighment but the idiots said they couldng get it up on the rack cause it was too low, :rolleyes:

are you talking about were the control arm bolts to the frame? or the top of the shock mount?

Sorry just want to be sure.

·
Flat Out Fabricator
4,331 Posts
where the control arm mounts to the frame... also i was just looking for ya a pic but couldn't find one sorry. You shouldn't be able to miss them there's only 2 bolts holding the upper control arm to the frame

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i looked and didnt see any type of spacers on there, so im wondering if i need to add some, im not really sure i understand how adding spacers there will effect camber, can someone explain so i can better understand how to do this

·
Registered
695 Posts
Dude you cant adjust your alignment at home. If you change your shims you will be adjusting camber and caster at the same time. So you need an alignment rack to adjust caster first then add or remove the same amount of shim from the front and rear to adjust camber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts