S-10 Forum banner

Camaro Seat Swap

125K views 127 replies 53 participants last post by  stevepinette 
#1 ·
Should I host my pictures from my camaro seat swap install and make a how-to sticky? I know I like mine alot and I get a decent amount of requests from people for help, and I've got a fairly detailed set of instructions

I could e-mail it to somebody if they want to hose them, or I could throw them onto photobucket?

See less See more
#2 ·
yes plz and thanks

#3 · (Edited)
Here's the Images, pretty self explanatory, I made this about 6 and 1/2 years ago

As you can see they fit with the rear seats

If the seat won't stay in it's tracks, pull the adjuster and reset the rails so they are even, and as long as you don't pull the adjuster while installing, the seats will work fine. I used a spring hooked to the seat frame to make it automatically come forward, and these seat have a great tilt-forward feature that makes it work well in a 2 door.

As you can see the colors match decently with the steering wheel, and the GM styling flows well.

Comparison:

The only thing I wish to add to it is some support for the seat belt plugin, as once you remove your center console(as I did long after the pictures were taken) you have to pick them up off the floor everytime you want to drive. With a stock console, the seat belts stay in stock position.

#5 ·
ok im lost, i have a 91 xtened s dime and just bought a really nice set of 95 camaro sets, the guy i bought them from told me that they will not fit. i was going to use the kit jegs sells but if my old seat tracks unbolt and i can make a few small adjustments then hell im using them in my truck. my truck has the orginal bucket seats

#7 ·
Hey, sorry I can't help anyone other than 2-door blazer owners, I've only ever worked on that kind of interior. I re-used my old rails and bolted them to the camaro seats

These seats are slimmer and shorter than the stock seats, I'd say you sit about 3/4" lower and 3/4" farther back compared to the stock seats. You also lose ALOT of weight in this swap, well over 30 or 40lbs

The biggest improvement in my book is the side supports, you don't have to physically hold yourself up anymore through turns, the stock seats are trash.

#8 ·
that's great what years fit out trucks, i used to own a 94z loved the car and the seats. power everthing. i cannot find seats anywhere that are decent. poeple say to get them re done, but i love the look of a factory seat that woult match my truck. anyone have any sugestions. on where to find good factory seats., thanks for the info

#11 ·
Those look to be 2000-2002 seats by the fabric.
I did 1999 seats which was the same just different fabric.
Any 1998-up seat will be the same basic design. The 93-97 is very similar as well. The Firebird TransAm seats also work in the same way.
Before New Seat Covers Made :

After New Seat Covers Made

#12 ·
i just got a pair of front seats of a 2004 ss silverado and im wondering if can put them in my dime they both are chevy trucks, maybe some small adjustment here and there?

#16 ·
Its one that I built. I do car audio work in Tallahassee. Its MDF construction, the top panel is clear lexan painted IndigoBlue from the back side, used stainless allen button head hardware, wrapped the sides in same material that the seats were wrapped in, made the console lid and had the upholstery guy wrap/sticth that, used stock console bin, cupholder, Schutt shifter boot/ring, put some auxillary input plugs, a front bin and a 2 1/16" gauge pod.
Originally I made the top plate from aluminum strips to resemble older 60's Impala SS console top plate but decided to do the painted lexan

#19 ·
Your buddy was telling you wrong. The seats will fit. But you can't bolt F-Body rails to the S10's floorpan directly. You can do what was described in the thread here though.

As for "84-92". The third gen started in 1982. And the seat rails for the F-Bodies are all the same from 1982-2002.

#20 ·
I am about to get a set of power leather seats from a 2000 z28. I would love to keep the power adjustment. My stock seats are the split bench. Any suggestions? Appreciate the help in advance.

#23 ·
Nope. Not unless you are crafty and got alot of time on yor hands. The power adjustments are on the rails. Ur reusing your stock rails. Thus no more motors.
You could play around and get a set of S-series power tracks and wire up the switches from the Camaro seats

#26 ·
Picking up a set of LT1 Camaro seats this weekend! Anyone know what kind of space there will be between the two once they are in? I wanna do a custom console and I was thinking about putting a sub in there.

Another idea... the automatic blazers with the floor shifter, how closely would their floor shifter hole line up with the shifter for my 2.2l manual? hmm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.