S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im in the middle of a carbed 350 swap in my 96 s10 . right now im not really looking for big horsepower i just want a dependable engine and trans. i would like to get a cam to give it that lopy idel . im lost in this area please help like i said im not looking for big power.
thanks
ps im kinda on a tight budget:D

·
Registered
484 Posts
92baggeddime said:
ok guys im in the middle of a carbed 350 swap in my 96 s10 . right now im not really looking for big horsepower i just want a dependable engine and trans. i would like to get a cam to give it that lopy idel . im lost in this area please help like i said im not looking for big power.
thanks
ps im kinda on a tight budget:D

Check out the Comp cams extreme energy cams - all ground on 110 degree centers and some in the 224-235 degree (@ .050") range would perform pretty good on a fairly mild engine and give you some chop.
Too much lope usually gets you a lot of bottom end loss especially without the approprite compression ratio to support the duration and tight lobe centers that produce the sound everyone wants to hear...

·
Registered
34 Posts
i had a 268h comp cam. it sounded alright. now i have a 294h and it sounds alot better. if you dont want it for the power i would go with a 268 0r 274.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I was you and drove on the street alot i would get a snappy cam(more lift, less diration) I would get a Lunati bracket master II. The part number in summit is LUN-00010LK. It has 230/230 diration, and .480/.480 lift. that should be good for 2,000-6,000. It has a nice lope but when you get on it it goes. It is decent in price, It's $159.99w/lifters

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
im running a XE274 also. i should see 12s also with it. i drive it daily and its hardly a problem. very strong with a very nice lope to it. i get alot of complements on it all the time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts