S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 S10 | 2.2L Flex | 5-speed

Need a little help troubleshooting an issue.

Codes:
P0410 - Secondary Air Injection System
P0141 - Down Stream o2 sensor
P0446 - Evaporative Emissions System Vent (this code has been on for 70k miles. I rebuilt the engine and this is the only code I havent been able to take care of)

Symptoms: Slight loss of power under load

Advice so far: Autozone's code reader recommended to replace the SMOG pump (air recirc pump)

A little back story.

The other day I towed a small car about a mile. Kept it in 2nd and third gear.
After I did that, it felt like something was slipping but overall drove normally.
So originally, I thought I might have hurt my transmission towing as the car started to act up about 3/4 mile into the tow. Loss of power...

Last night I was driving up a fairly large hill when my truck bogged down/suffered a minor loss of power for a brief couple of seconds and then surged to normal power.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So my truck decided to start idling a little rough last night. I am likely going to replace the SMOG/AIR pump. How critical is it to use the hoses specified in the TSB?
Could a bad downstream o2 sensor cause a p0410 or would the p0410 cause the bad o2 sensor code?

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
746 Posts
a few questions- is the cat original? have you check your exhaust for pin holes/gasket leaks- have you checked you intake/tb for gasket leaks? have you done a fuel pressure test and when was the fuel filter changed last?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a few questions- is the cat original? have you check your exhaust for pin holes/gasket leaks- have you checked you intake/tb for gasket leaks? have you done a fuel pressure test and when was the fuel filter changed last?
Fuel pressure was 50-55 PSI when I checked last year.
O2 sensors are only a few years old.
Cat convert is a year or two old.
(Complete engine rebuild in 2015)

Got a working smog pump from the junkyard for $20. Currently running without it. Ill keep y'all updated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

I got around to replacing the smog pump with a working one I found at junkyard. Seems to have taken care of the rough running and the various codes.

Still have a p0446 but is likely the fuel pressure sensor (ive replaced majority of vacuum hoses)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the p0410 came back. Replaced the check value. p0410 hasnt come back (need to check again as p0446 is my eternal PITA).

While I was in there, I noticed that the plug on cylinder 4 was loose. Tightened it down.

Plugs (ACDelco) and wires (Duralast) are new and have about 12,000 miles on. Car runs fine on flat stretches, but struggles bad on hills. I know this truck is weak on power, but it seems weaker than ever. Not getting any misfires.

Where do you think I should start?

·
Mr Goodwrench's Evil Twin
299 Posts
When was the last time the fuel filter was replaced?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar situation a while ago and I went through a ton of fun. My truck would drive great as long as I didn't need to pass or put it under load. I also noticed that the voltage was dropping when I experienced the power loss. I ended up changing the belt tensioner and I replaced the little rubber grommet at the alternator clip/connection. Might be worth looking at?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
ghostrider1776
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing