639 Posts
K&N...

hope this helps!

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks good

looks good man thanks....its a slow low world wit a 2.2......well i am not low yet but come april i will be whooooo hoooo

thanks

Mark:thumbup:

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
ReddiChevyXtreme said:
Thanks for that picture now I am going to get one that looks soooooooo saweet! What did you pay about $230?
yep, thats about what i paid for mine from www.truckperformance.com

it's a simple half hour or less install.:thumbup:

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
Indigo99LS

How much of a performance increase did you notice? I'm thinking of getting a K7N to give me some passing power. It's sad to get behind grandma and be afraid to pass... unless going downhill.

PS. How does it sound?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Air Intake woes.......also

Hey LowTech........let me 1st say that this is my first post....have been "lurking" for a few weeks......great site!!!

I also ordered the same intake that LowTech ordered......after putting it on I could not close the friggin hood.......the whole design was not good being right over the upper radiator hose and not gettin any cool or fresh air there........

The 1st thing I did was the air intake modification that John Canyon had on his site and adapted the air intake that I got on E-bay like LowTech.........worked good.......being an 'ol hotrodder myself I know the straighter the air flow the better performance that you would get......so.........

I pulled out the McMaster-Carr supply book here at work and found a 3" aluminum flex hose that is rated from -50f to 400f......very flexible (part# 5525k33).....took off the chevy air intake system and installed this along with using the E-bay air intake filter (K&N style) and tube w/the AIT sensor on hosed clamped everthing together (just reused the clamps on the factory stuff)......then where the filter and AIT sensor is I hosed clamped that to the underside of the fuse block by where the original air box was.......Its now postioned about 2" away from the opening behind the headlight and away from the lower radiator hose..............dam thing works very well and took about 20 minutes to do...........the only thing that I was a little stumped on is there is a hose that came off the back of the factory air box at the throttle body....not a PVC just a hose running from the top of the valve cover to the factory air box......for now I just plugged it off and will be putting a small breather on it.......I think I have one left from one of theH-D's that I build.

If I would have found this site sooner I could have saved myself $75 on the original purchase on E-bay.......hey buyer beware I guess .......but after lookin at what some of you have done I worked out good for me...........

I have a 2000 Extended cab 4cyl/auto........bed cover,full length running board, vent visors, bug shield...the truck is maroon w/factory grey & black stripping on the side..........the next thing is going to be an electric fan & Helix power spacer..........

I use the truck for my custom Harley Davidson business......have a full time job and run my business with my ridin partner Softail69......we custom paint/modify/build from ground up........

If anyone any further details e-mail me at [email protected]
or leave a phone # and I'll call you.....easier to talk than write!!

You can see pics of the bikes in my profile in Yahoo.

When I can get my hands on a digital I will post some pics of the homemade intake.

Ridin the couch till spring........Cozmo

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
Pharacyde said:
How much of a performance increase did you notice?

PS. How does it sound?
I noticed much better performance/throttle response right away...
BUT! i installed the intake and my gibson exhaust at the same time, so i can only tell ya it feels like a totally different truck with both on there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey A company Called BULLEY makes a pollished air intake for a 2.2 98+ for $150. Looks hella tight, I am upgrading to that from my home made one as soon as I get the cash. Well If you got any questions about it call Mandy at MAX RPM and she will hook you up, (360) 373-6758. Took me forever to find it. I actually wasn't even looking for it either. Tell Mandy Dallin told you to call.

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Here's one.

Didn't change the pipe on mine, but added an aftermarket filter and removed the air void box that doesn't seem to do anything useful.

Sorry for the crappy pic, only had a low quality one from my crappy digital camera.

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
It's a resonator according to GM. I did another post on it in the 4banging forum. If you don't care about the sound of your intake, take it off and make a planter out of it. It's not doing anything as far as performance is concerned. A plastic top off a spray paint can is the perfect size to plug it with using the stock rubber ring that's on it.

Check this topic out.
Air intake designs.

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
3rdCoastS-10 said:
Got a ? Is the xtreme 2.2 and the reg s-10 2.2 the same and if they are Type Weapon R has a badass intake called the Dragon Intake you can get the ram air ste up also its like 200-225.
http://www.weapon-r.com/dintake.html

f*in bad a$$.

in the application list, they list xtreme 2.2L. someone bust out your chiltons and let us know if it will work on normal s10 2.2Ls because that is one tight looking intake. so far its either K&N gen 2 or this if it works...

anyone?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts