S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in California so I have to deal with smog on top of a 2.2.
What mods can I get away with hiding from a smog tech?
Like a throttle body, ported head and intake manifold. Will they be able to tell I have these if I use the original equipment just get them bored?
Also will the TB spacer work with a cold air intake or do I have to do modifying to the intake?:confused:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
get a hold of the guys at sport truck specialties in Carson, CA they got a lot of 2.2 performance items....but i don't know if they'll pass the sniffer test

·
Registered
389 Posts
F*** the sniffer, they can't tell a honda from a chevy, so strap on a turbo and a put in a 350 and drive on in.

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
Need to look for things that are CARB aproved and 50 state legal

K&N FIPK gives you a little sticker that says its CARB aproved and 50 state legal
Pullies, E-fan and other things that dont do anything but reduce the drag on the engine will also work

Al's header should pass because you cant see it when its on there.

There is a lot of things that you can do and still pass...I used to live over near Oceanside and had to go through that crap once

TB spacer = JUNK

·
Super Moderator
20,555 Posts
buy few things from errronisme, he got 3 good mod to sell which u shud git, pulley, efan and 56mmTB will git u started, emission isnt to worry with those

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
WOW this thread is almost 3yrs old and you guys are replying to it. turbo hasnt logged on in a while at least not that i know of i used to go to the track with him a while ago. he already figured out this problem 3 yrs ago too

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
whoa... you're right dude.

3 year old thread? shame on you guys...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts