S-10 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to shave off the whole back end of my 00 s10 (lights,roll pan, tailgate ect.. ) since im shaving the lights off and i am NOT going to install any leds on the tailgate i want to put some "led lights" that could just place on TOP of the tail gate and remove them whenever i want. i know ive seen these on trucks with the cali combo. Does anyone know were i could get a set of these rear led lights????

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
Just get some magnetic towing lights and stick them on and plug them into a trailer light plug.

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
How does it sound stupid? The op doesnt want ANY lights on the back of his truck. But he wants to be able to drive it. Thus getting these lights that he can just stick on top of the gate will solve that problem. also OP if u do the magnet setup, I would get that clear spray on car bra stuff and put a layer of that on top or your tail gate to keep from scratching it with the magnets ;)

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
Pretty sure he wants to keep it DOT legal and last time I checked those strips wasn't. They are nice as an addon if thats your thing but if he wanted LED strips I'm sure he woulda molded some in and dusted them to keep them hidden.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty sure he wants to keep it DOT legal and last time I checked those strips wasn't. They are nice as an addon if thats your thing but if he wanted LED strips I'm sure he woulda molded some in and dusted them to keep them hidden.
EXACTLY! :) COULD HAVE NOT SAID IT BETTER!

·
Registered
574 Posts
trailer light would work the best. Ive seen some people have them pop out of there tail gate. If you go with the trailer lights just keep a good eye out for cops. It seams like every other month some random San Jose Cop has to pull me over just to say hi. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
trailer light would work the best. Ive seen some people have them pop out of there tail gate. If you go with the trailer lights just keep a good eye out for cops. It seams like every other month some random San Jose Cop has to pull me over just to say hi. :rolleyes:
TRUE i got pulled over the other day for my LED license plate light...got my self a fix it tiket.:rant:

·
S-less
806 Posts
Don't feel bad I got one recently for the same thing. I get pulled over all the time for stupid shit like "Your lights look dim" in ref. to my license plate light, or "Your tire looked alittle low" and my response most of the time is "Come on seriously you pulled me over for what". San Jose cops suck

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
werddd, i recently got pulled over for my led tag light, but yet they said nothing about my led tail lights

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
werddd, i recently got pulled over for my led tag light, but yet they said nothing about my led tail lights
They do that same crap here too man! I have been pulled over for my tag light being bright, my old tail lights that were tinted being too dim, and then the tail lights on my truck now, I had the LED replacement bulbs in them and they were BRIGHT.... got an awesome fix it ticket for that one....... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thats some crazy shit...

Never heard of someone being pulled over for there lights being too bright..
Head lights(brights) yes but break lights and license plate lights WTF...

Look up your state law i can guarantee there is no too bright statue...

In vegas you just can't have colors but if its standard light color(white) who gives a F***..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts