S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Chevrolet S10 Xtreme
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I just got these mirrors and I thought I'd post these pics if anyone was having problems mounting these. I used a 9/32 drill bit to drill out the old threads and I used a 3/4 hole saw to make the access holes inside. The Interior panel will cover these holes. Should I used thread lock when I install them after my paint job? I'm having the mirrors painted with the truck to match. I paid $89 plus 14.95 for shipping from jcwhitney.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
more pics

more pics

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for telling me that! I would have forgot to cover it up!

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
yeah i did mine the same way, but i was a little more reckless, i'll take a pic of it and post it later, i could've used these pictures 2 months ago

·
Registered
8 Posts
when i installed my mirrors the stock gasket didn't fit really tight against the door near the front part of the mirror so i had to use a thicker piece of rubber. i don't know if other people have noticed that with theirs, but you may want to check so that you dont get any water leaks into your door.

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Hey,
In case you didn't know, I found out on my 1st gen that you can knock out the inner metal piece that houses the bolt thread for the factory mirrors. That eliminates some extra time drilling on the outter side. I found this out AFTER I finished on the driver side HAHA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts