S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know if anybody else has seen this but i just got a set of cal vu manual mirrors .....while working today i was working on a 95 saturn sedan and the mirrors on the car look identical to those of cal vu...don't know if anybody has tried this just thought i would through it out!!!

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like i said they look the same!!!

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
no, they wont be a direct bolt on. The holes wont line up so then you have to drill holes, The chances of the base plate (triangle piece that is flush with the door) being the same shape and countour are one in a bazillion, so that leaves you trying to fiberglass (or fab in some other way) a new base. By the time you do this you have just spent way more then the cal-vu mirrors cost). If you are going to this much trouble just take a mirror off of some car that they dont make s-10 mirrors like and do it with that, that way no one will have the same ones.

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Yeah, I need new mirrors... Share the wealth, man! (of information)

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
AIM Industries 1-800-289-9980.
They show as $39 a pair in the Truckin magazine.

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was just stating something i saw...and i thought i would put that idea out just in case if it would work......looks like everyone has a bteer alternative now!!

·
Ole skule VW nut
378 Posts
ChevyS10693 said:
i have the $39 knockoffs they are exactly like street scene calvus they even come with new hardware just get them and save your self some time/money

I was wondering that same thing. Do they feel heavy, or light and cheaply made? I've heard bad things about AIM, but have never ordered fromt there.

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
I checked the website, and they list the Astro mirrors as $39, all the rest are $49???? Or, is there a promotional code I need???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts