S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the outer/inner walls on the cab are double walled? Can I mount amps. on the back wall, below the back glass without going through? I assume the answer is yes, just wanna' be sure.

·
My mirror hates my sub
9,463 Posts
top half has a SMALL 2nd layer for mounting that plastic piece

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for letting me know. So is there any other way to mount stuff & ancor speaker boxes, to that back wall?

·
is dekitted...
1,826 Posts
I cut a piece of MDF to fix exactly under the carpet back there, then secured it to the wall with 4 big screws through the cab, then I sealed those 4 screw holes up good so no water could get in or cause rust... From that point on, I only had 4 tiny holes in my cab, and had unlimited mounting area on the back wall as long as short enough screws were used(as to not go through the 3/4 piece of mdf)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cut a piece of MDF to fix exactly under the carpet back there, then secured it to the wall with 4 big screws through the cab, then I sealed those 4 screw holes up good so no water could get in or cause rust... From that point on, I only had 4 tiny holes in my cab, and had unlimited mounting area on the back wall as long as short enough screws were used(as to not go through the 3/4 piece of mdf)
Hey!, not a bad idea!, I could use some type of caulk (adhasive) to secure the MDF to the back wall.

·
is dekitted...
1,826 Posts
Exactly ^ Making sure to seal all the holes properly is the key to this... I had four holes, but I sealed from the inside and out with marine grade sealant, and never had a single leak... I just gooped it on the backside, let it dry, then cut off the excess w/ a razor blade...

·
is dekitted...
1,826 Posts
Eh, I was gonna use Liquid Nails, but I just didnt trust it, since the back wall isnt flat, I was only gonna be able to lay down about 5 beads of it, on a 3-4ft piece of 3/4 inch MDF, plus mounted to that, is two amps, both about 8 lbs a piece, and my dist. blocks, and capaciter all mounted to that... I didnt trust just adhesive, hence why I bolted.. but for light weight apps it could work, would just suck to have it fall off once you get everything set up and wired correctly...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts