S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I have some rust on my xtreme on the cab corners. The drivers side isn't to bad and might be able to get it fixed, but the passenger side is starting to break through. So my question is can they just cut out the section that has the rust and put another one in or how would they do it? I know S10's are infamous for this problem and I want to get it taken care of soon before it gets real ugly.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I can't believe you are having problems like that already. But yes they just cut it out and weld in a new cab corner!

·
Banned
1,395 Posts
Don't be surprised. While they look perfect from the outside, they get bad on the inside quick. I'd be willing to bet that 98% of S-10 owners that have rusted out cab corners don't know it.

·
Blazer X and ZR-2 owner
341 Posts
anyone have a $$$ figure it would cost per side

·
Banned
1,395 Posts
You'd have to go to a body shop. You can do it the right way, which is to have it welded shut with a new piece of metal, or you can have it bondo'd shut assuming there's enough material left. Mine wasn't all that bad so it got the mud treatment. I figure if it rusts through in my life time I'll just weld it the next time around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts