S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 99 xtreme reg cab v6 stepside bed, i have 2 inch spindles and 3 inch coils up front and 3 inch blocks out back. i am running 245/45/17 and the front is tuckin hard it looks good as hell but i want the back end to sit as low as the front, i want it to set level, so if i put a 4 inch block in the back will it set level or do i just need to cut the bumpstops off or do i need to c-notch it? thanks Xtreme21

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i have a ZQ8 that i had four inch blocks on. i had the bump stops cut out cause the axel was always sitting on the bumpstops. i have three inch blocks right now, it rides like it is at the stock ZQ8 height. i am thinking about putting two inch spindles and putting 4 inch blocks back in. how much do the fronts rub on your truck? i am currently running 15x8 eagle alloys with an offset that lets me have a three inch drop and not rub with a 265/50/r15 tire. i want to run 18's and eventually bag it.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
if you go with 4 inch blocks you need to do this
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=690

BEST WAY of seeing how low the rear will be is to measure to the top of the front fenderlips and then the rear. then take off 1 inch off the back so thats what it will be like with 4 inch blocks.

if its still to high then get 3 inch drop leafs and go with a 3 inch block thatg will bring it about 1 inch more than your set up now with a 4 inch block. but remember you will need to notch it

·
Registered
6 Posts
if your not worried about going around corners at mach5 you could take a leaf out itll drop it about 1 1/2'' to 2''.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts