S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Last Thursday was truely a day that I will remember for the rest of my life. A friend of mine called me up and wanted me to come over and so just like any other time, I grabbed my keys, jumped in my truck and I was off to see them. Well, it had rained earlier so the ground was a little wet but not too wet. The sun had been out for awhile and the ground looked like it was pretty dry but still I always play it safe and drive a little under the speed limit to make sure when I'm not sure. For the local guys/gals, I was taking I-20 East to 287 South and just as soon as I got onto 287, I noticed that my rear end broke loose. My truck was still going forward but the next thing I knew, the rear end was going to the left and the front end to the right and I was facing the concrete barrier. I tried steering to the left to overcome it but it didn't work and I hit the concrete barrier head on. I then slammed on my brakes and was skidding around and tried to turn into the skid to try and get control of the vehicle. It didn't work out well and I spun around twice before finally landing in the grass by the side of the highway and stopped. And during the whole ordeal, the airbag did not go off and I have been told that it's because of the angle of impact. And I did not get one injury out of it at all. No whiplash, no sore back, nothing. I had a SLIGHT right ankle pain(from slamming onteh brakes) for awhile but it went away. And I would have posted this sooner but I was going to see if my insurance company would repair it but the frame was bent and the cost of repairs was through the roof so they totaled it. I don't think that I will get another S10 but maybe a Cavalier or Malibu now. One thing is for sure though, if I didn't wear my seatbelt, I would have had a TON of injuries because I was tossed and turned alot during the whole event. So let this be a lesson to everyone, ALWAYS wear your seatbelt. And just incase anyone wants to see pics, they are on my website. And 56k beware because they are huge and I was having probs with photoshop so I couldn't resize them.

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
Man sorry to hear that. I actually saw your wreck. I live right where 20 and 287 meet and drove right by it.

·
import killer
2,470 Posts
sucks to hear,but glad your ok. truck can be replaced life cant.
im with silky. i need to learn how to wear my belt more. my girl always yells at me foe not using it

·
I Should've Been A Cowboy
229 Posts
Tough break man. Good to see you're still kicking. Hopefully I can wreck mine and get a new car. Gentlemen, I love my 'Noma Jean, she has a great heart, and an attractive exterior.... but she's just way too underpowered to compete with my left foot.

·
Super Moderator
20,517 Posts
sorry to hear about the incident, glad to hear yer ok and just ankle sore, very lucky, wish best of luck to whatever ya gonna go with. for some other guys if ya got any parts, wit no to minimal damage to sell to gityerself xtra cash...

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
sorry to hear about ur loss man. But at least get something other than a malibu or a cavalier.

·
Registered
62 Posts
that sucks. thats how i ****ed up the side of my truck. roadhuggers in need of replacement and just raining.

just be glad you made it out alive. truck can be replaced its not like these trucks are rare or anything.

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
I'll second what they said, about the Cavaliers.... They're an okay car, for a chick... But, if you try travelling with more than two people, you're screwed. And our 2000 sedan started falling apart after 75K.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
i dont drive on 287 when its wet because my truck slides just like that I saw a fierbird do the same thing on the top of that conection overpass between 20 to 287.
dident realize ther is so many of yall in my area. we all need to meet up

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a smaller pic just incase geocities craps out again. I'm not sure what buy back is on the truck but I got $3k for it which is very surprising. And I'm surprised at the number of people that stopped by when I got in the wreck. Did you stop by MiniBurpleS10? And the funny thing too is that a wrecker was actually a little while behind me and saw the whole thing too. lol. I would have used his help to tow me but he was on his way to pick up another car down the highway. And yeah, I am truely lucky to be alive. I am still astounded at how well the truck took the impact and let me get out. The one thing that probably scared me the most was after I stopped, my nerves were in high gear and my whole body was shaking. After a minute or two, I tried opening my door but I couldn't. It was jammed shut so I couldn't open it.

Well, what would you recommend then? I'm wanting a car now because I hardly ever used the truck for what it's for. The last time I hauled anything in the bed was a sport bike at a motorcycle dealershipI used to work at. Plus, for the single cab guys, you know how big of a pain it is to fit 3 people in that truck. LOL. And thanks for all the replies and comments everyone. I really appreciate it. :cool:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts