S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 681 Posts

·
22RET Powwwa inside
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go, was hesitant to do this but here goes nothing. I bought the truck from my cousin in 2003 it was bagged but not very nice so I drove it for a bit then started my own project. First I put a belt drive on (York 210) cuz the 12 gallon with 1 450 wasn't cutting it then i put smc valves in place of the junk that was there. Then I bodydropped it shortly after that I had a local shop put a 4 link bob with tubular bridge on it. Drove it awhile then s*** hit the fan. I lost a lowest of the low contest to a car by 3/4" so I came home and cut the rockers off re did the bd to the door put a v8 in with tuned port fuel injection. Then decided I didn't have enought head room so in 2007 me and a local shop owner built a stock floor frame for it and I got a new cab. Truck has sit since 2008 in my dads yard got a wild hair after wrecking another project I finished so here we are. Pics to come now

Frame when I restarted project

Where truck sit for years

Mounted new 22r motor

So me and racermike started the bed and rolled wheel tubs at my work

So we skinned it and smoothed inside

Cut out firewall and redid everything made tubs from scratch rolled them at my work

1 side done

Built 2 stainless crossmembers for frame/bag mount

Before skin

Had to moch up

Shaved wiper cowl

Firewall finished almost

Dash mounted

Redid brakes

Mids amp going in truck

Old project 96 taco 20"-22" smoothies hrf black totaled I have other pics but can't find them

Motor donor truck

That's all for now and all body work is credited to racermike cuz I don't know s*** about it

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
What is your plan to get to the inner mounting screws for the tail lights?

I was going to do a removable panel...

·
Project 99 Problems
1,083 Posts
What is your plan to get to the inner mounting screws for the tail lights?

I was going to do a removable panel...
More than likely he will have to do it the same way I did magnetic screwdriver and reach up in there to put the screws in place in place.

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
More than likely he will have to do it the same way I did magnetic screwdriver and reach up in there to put the screws in place in place.
never even though of that. Even if he can get to just the lower one, that beats a big removable panel like I was thinking

1 - 20 of 681 Posts
About this Discussion
680 Replies
62 Participants
Laydout'noma
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing