S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i get on the throttle something is making a buzzing sound, kinda like something is vibrating, it gets worse the farther i rev the engine out. I don't think its anything loose in the cab rattling, it just started doing this and i don't have any ideas. HELP!
I have a '92 2.8 5spd

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i was listening to it last night and i think its the tranny, any ideas

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What spacer are u talking about, my air cleaner isn't rubbing if thats what your meaning

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
You might wanna check your u-joints...i just had to change mine cause it was rattlin

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Unless its rattlin' in gear it's not your u joints. Check the heat sheild around the cat. after a while the mounting points rot and the sheild works loose vibrating against the cat. 2 or 3 heat sheilds under the truck. check them all.

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does make a noise while the truck is in gear and while i'm driving, it does it worse the farther i rev the engine out in each gear, but at a certain point gettin up high in the rpms it stops. I haven't checked the cat yet where are the other heat shields located? thanks

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
is it a high pitch pinging type noise or is it like a low thumpin???

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Should be mounted to underside of cab. you cant miss them. Does it do it in neutral?. If its idoes you can eliminate the drive train if it is a buzzing.

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its high i guess, its definitely not a low thump, i'm pretty sure it doesn't do it unless its in gear. I've tried to get it to do it, in neutral, in a gear with the clutch in, but it just does it when i'm driving. I've popped the hood and moved the throttle to see if its somethin in the engine bay and i can't hear anything. Could it be my tranny? I have a pretty new clutch

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Do you have an extended cab...cause on my driveshaft at my centerbearing there was a little dust shield that the weld broke loose on so i had to tac it back on...it sounds like what you're talking about

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nah i just have a standard cab, i think i'm gonna look underneath it to see if there's anything loose like your talkin about

1 - 12 of 12 Posts