S-10 Forum banner

Buying used +94 S10

826 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sausagefingers76 
#1 ·
Hey I live in Cali and am looking for a S10 1994+ with a extended cab.

What is a ball park price a 94 would go for?
What miles should I try to stay within ?
Can people actually fit in the extended cab?
What things should I look out for when looking at a used one?
Is the V6 a must?

I'm selling my hatchback pretty soon and want a truck to put my motorcycle on the back ( very seldomly ) and I want space to put a 3rd maybe 4th person in the back. I do not want a big truck that guzzles gas.

thanks!

#2 ·
the extended cab of the of the s10's is not very large, it may hold one adult sitting sideways, but if its kids they should fit back there.
I believe as mileage goes, typically when you get a lease they allow you 15000 miles per year, so something to that nature. So if its a 94 it really shouldn't have anything over 135000 to 140000 miles. When you look for a used truck/car, always make sure there are no obvious things wrong with it, such as oil leak. But since its a 94 I doubt there would be any big things wrong with it. But always start it listen for odd noises and drive it.

As for the 6 or 4 cylinder, most would say go for the 6 because of the power, but the 6 will of course eat up more gas. The 2.2 is a good engine if you don't mind it being a little slower. Since your hauling stuff you might be best to get the 6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.