S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My blazer has had a no starting issue months now. Just cranks an cranks. Initially security light was on an blinking but it has gone back off an all lights are normal except check engine which last scanned the codes was a key ignition malfunction & a security issue. I have tried the key on an off thing for 2 years of my life (not seriously but takes long time lol) have checked fuel pressure it is fine. An fuses checked an so on. So now I'm getting told to buy a remote start an should fix my issue. Anyone point me in right direction as what kind will work ? Its a 2003 chevy blazer. 2 door. Automatic. 4.3. And its 2wd. The locks and windows are all manual. Idk if makes a difference but yeah. Anyone?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,337 Posts
Buying a remote start has a remote possibility of working. You need to find out the cause of your no start condition. Doubt it's you problem, but what was the fuel pressure?

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,608 Posts
Remote Start will NOT fix this issue.If it does not start with the key- a remote is just adding more things to go wrong. You state pressure check was fine. What was the number? the window on the pressure is small.Have you checked to see if you have spark?Has the fuel filter been changed?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,337 Posts
My blazer has had a no starting issue months now. Just cranks an cranks. Initially security light was on an blinking but it has gone back off an all lights are normal except check engine which last scanned the codes was a key ignition malfunction & a security issue. I have tried the key on an off thing for 2 years of my life (not seriously but takes long time lol) have checked fuel pressure it is fine. An fuses checked an so on. So now I'm getting told to buy a remote start an should fix my issue. Anyone point me in right direction as what kind will work ? Its a 2003 chevy blazer. 2 door. Automatic. 4.3. And its 2wd. The locks and windows are all manual. Idk if makes a difference but yeah. Anyone?
What procedure did you use for the pass lock relearn? t's very specific and you should have it on a charger while performing it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It's more likely the key cylinder worn just enough to cause issues with the passlock system. Replacing the key cylinder will more likely fix it. I used to charge customer $70 to bypass the passlock back in the day. Then they had to sign a paper acknowledging that their passlock security is no longer active making their vehicle easier to be stolen.

·
Been there Done it
12,457 Posts
As stated above remote start can cause more issues and make diagnosing very difficult. You need to see if it's got 60PSI fuel pressure. If it's under 55 with the key on but not started that's the problem. Plug a couple of your plug wires to see if you get a bright blue spark in a grounded spark plug. If you don't have any extra ones, pull one. Another thing you can try is pull the breather hose of the back of the air horn on top of the engine and give the engine a 2 second blast of starting fluid. Put the hose back on and hit the key. If the engine tries to start or even runs for a few seconds, fuel is the issue. If not, it's ignition and we can go from there.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It also could be the ignition switch it could be losing power to either the ignition wire or one of the two accessory wires from the ignition switch. A poor connection inside the switch could be dropping it below 12 volts and the BCM is not seeing the correct amount of voltage or none at all and setting off a security . And by them cycling the ignition switch back and forth may clear the issue back up where it sees the right amount of voltage and it starts working again. Also on the 03 and 04 extended cranking without starting will set off security light also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts