S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into getting a digi cam for my b-day looking for something under $200...it definately needs to be at least 2.0+ megapixels anything 3+ is much nicer.....and must have a movie feature longer the better...and i would like it to have sound too but not an important feature....optical or digital zoom i guess really doesnt matter to me i wont use it that much but i could see where the zoom feature could come in handy....

i was looking at the Canon A300 it has the pixels the movie with sound, 16mb external is also included and for 200 it seems like a good deal...and it can be bought locally...im just wondering what others i should look at....i like the kodaks docking station bit but being they are seperate and 70 bucks i dont really see the point....but future upgrade could be nice. but i doubt it would happen. just looking for some help.

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Canon_PowerShot_A300

heres all the specs on it.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Canon's are pretty nice, you cant go wrong with them usually. I was looking at a 5 mp Olympus, but it was a $480 camera.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what so none of u have digi cams or have had trouble buying one....cmon here....16 views and 1 reply.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
I don't know of any models out of the top of my head but I will recommend you get the most optical zoom you can get.
you will get better quality pics with a camera that has more optical zoom than digital. The canon you have on the link is a really good camera but just make sure you can upgrade the memory card to something bigger than 16MB cause it's gonna piss you off having to DL your pics all the time. If you can get that camera for under $200 go for it cause the specs are very good.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah optical isnt important to me....thats why i liked this one....cuz u get more features wihtout it for less dollars...and it takes big cards.....up to 256 or 512 which is more than ill ever need. the video features are kinda what sold me on it.....640x480 with sound....cant beat that.

·
32,805 Posts
Layd Dly said:
nah optical isnt important to me....thats why i liked this one....cuz u get more features wihtout it for less dollars...and it takes big cards.....up to 256 or 512 which is more than ill ever need. the video features are kinda what sold me on it.....640x480 with sound....cant beat that.
Digital zoom looks like crap, not even worth using.

All cameras take memory cards of any size mb. And you will be suprised at how fast you can use up the memory. That 16mb will only hold 8 photos (you never want to use anything but the best quality setting) and it'll probally only hold one 14 sec movie.

If movies are what you want to do, you can get a video card for around $40 and use a regular camcorder to upload videos into your computer, then put them in any size, length, or quality.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah the camera coems with 16mb according to their site itll hold 9 in the best setting....but ive found cards really really cheap it jsut uses compact flash I cards....u can get a 128 for like 25 bucks on ebay....and again dont need the digital or optical zoom....if i needed optical i could use my advantix camera. this is more for jsuut point and shoot deals like my truck the garage....misc shit taking movies....im not taking pictures of mountains and shit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts