S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my grandpa called this morning with some good news :D
he's a car salesmen and found me a 98 xcab fully loaded 4.3 that he's going to sell to me for $6500!!!!!!!!!! I'm so stoked.....but here is my question..i'm getting a loan for around 10g's because I'm really wanting to SC it...what are some other good mods to do with a supercharger? intake, exhaust....maybe headers?? Not too sure..also what are good names in the SC business? I've driven my 1st gen for the last few years so SC wasn't really an option..one reason i wanted a 4.3 vortech...any help would be great..thanks guys..

Rob :bowtie:

·
zippy
733 Posts
i'd go with a vortech supercharger with some pcm tuning along with slp or similar cat back and edelbrock headers. if it doesn't have a limited slip, install one also. that should be a good start.

·
zippy
733 Posts
you'll want to have the engine computer programmed to run properly with the blower. someone like ed wright, mach peformance, pcmforless, etc.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
why super go turbo!!

·
zippy
733 Posts
because turbocharging is far from perfected in that truck as well as rather expensive with not as much gain. it creates huge amounts of heat and takes up a ton of space along with having plenty of lag. the blower is a simple bolt on that can be done by someone who's decent with some tools and looks pretty good when done also.

·
Registered
940 Posts
MKR said:
because turbocharging is far from perfected in that truck as well as rather expensive with not as much gain. it creates huge amounts of heat and takes up a ton of space along with having plenty of lag. the blower is a simple bolt on that can be done by someone who's decent with some tools and looks pretty good when done also.
i agrees a turbo charger is a little more $$ right from the begining, it doesn t take up any more room then a supercharger, and lag ?? what lag i have a gt-66 turbo and have zero lag, the lag is about the time it takes me to get the pedal to the floor, both when done right will look good, yes the turbo will take a little more work to get in but it is worth it, having full boost well before 3000 rpms and holding it till redline is beautiful., and as being perfected, well bill, mike and myself have all had turbo's on our trucks and have been driving them i think bill has had a turbo on his truck for close to 1 1/2 years now, true everything you do even s/c will have bugs that need to be worked out, but i really didn t run into to much more then with my s/c. and if you ask i ve had both a vortech supercharger on my truck and now a race turbo setup.

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm thinking powerdyne supercharger...45-50% more power and no oil lines to mess with, this is the route i plan to take. i need it to be very reliable also..i'm in a wheelchair and would be screwed if something was to go wrong..belt driven supercharger would be good because if the belt breaks i still have the engines' normal power..just lose the SC. i don't know if the same holds true with turbo or not..

·
zippy
733 Posts
bill's truck is a great example. the install doesn't look that great and runs about as fast as a 4.3 with a 75 shot or even worse isn't much more impressive than a completely stock typhoon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts