S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i want to replace all the bushings up front this weekend. which ones do i have to get (a-arm, tie-rod, ect) and how hard are they to change? any tips?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
upper control arm (2 each side) lower control arm (2 each side) sway bar (2 to frame and 2 to a arms) and theres bushings for the t bars. your gonna spend alot on bushings and have to pull your enitre frontend apart to do em. if you got a buddy u can probly do it in a weekend but youll probly need a machine shop to press em in im not sure though.

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dammit...so it would be better to have the dealership do it next time om over there? i was thinking i could do it in like 3/4 hours.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i wouldent let the dealership touch sheit on my truck unless it was under warranty so i dont gotta pay a dime. and u got a 95 (so do i) so im sure nothins gonna be covered. i think it will take you a lil longer than 3 or 4 hours. to replace em all is a pretty major operation because you are pulling your entire front suspension and steering off. and everytime i pull a tie rod end out i like to put new ones in.... same goes for ball joints

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i just had my ball joints replaced - they were stock, at 74,000 miles. which ones are the easiest to change, and dont require an alignment afterwards? the old bushings are starting to rot out, but being as my house is 6 hours away from school, and i cant do it in the parking lot, im outta luck.

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i was going to get the mr energy bushing set in black. how much does one of those sets cost?

·
Registered
125 Posts
upper control arm bushings have to be pressed in. maybe some other bushings have to be pressed in too but i know for sure that the UCA bushing have to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts