S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've searched this to death and can't find a source for the part I need or a diagram of the clutch pedal assembly. Basically, the plastic bushing that holds the top of clutch pedal to the left side of the truck broke off.

Anybody know what Im talking about? Or where i can get said part?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that's what im thinking. i work at Advance Auto part time and couldn't find a thing. I can find OEM diagrams but there is no section for clutch/brake pedals, at least not that I can find.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any tips on getting this thing out? I talked to some friends at a local shop and they printed me out a diagram that says to "depress tabs on either side to release clutch pedal" but Im having a hard time doing that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FWIW, if anyone has the same issue:

I ordered the parts from GM that I need. Still have yet to drop the dash so I can drop the clutch pedal.

I had to order the two busings on either side of the spring, as well as the spring.Kicker is the bushings only come in pack quantities of 10 (@ $0.60/each), spring was $32.08, but he gave it to me for $24.08 (Thanks Wayne at Reedman Toll!).

Part Numbers:
Spring - 15735121
Busing 1 - 15028845
Busing 2 - 15029952

Hope this helps someone else!

·
Team Sheen
5,673 Posts
What bushing are you talking about exactly? The bushing at the hinge of the pedal? Or the one attached to the slave cylinder?

Because the "depress tabs" thing is what that's for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having that same exact problem with the busing holding the pedal to the left of the assembly and the screwed up spring inside the tubing of the pedal.

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
Doesn't Dorman "help" parts have the bushings at all the parts stores. I know I got one for my 1st gen. It's the plastic pedal bushings, right?

·
time to get cereal
5,633 Posts
Just get the bolt and nut that hold the brake pedal on from the junkyard, rip all of that plastic shit out, and use said bolt and nut to hold clutch pedal on. You'll never have a problem again.

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
my 95's broke and thats what holds the pedal to the slave shaft, nut and bolt wont help that era... last time i went to the dealer they said the bushing i needed was obsolete. managed to find a thin stainless steel washer and a snapring to hold the pedal on....

·
time to get cereal
5,633 Posts
Ah, yea, what I suggested only works on 98+ I guess. I've never had anything older apart.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts