S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Static Slammed
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have video or pics of a 2.2 doin a burnout i kno its not going to be a huge smoky burnout but i wanna see what a four banger can do. i would do it myself but i dont get my learners permit till next month and i gotta wait six months after that to get my license and im not gonna burn off my tires with my mom or dad in the truck

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Lmao sorry, but you will never be able to do a "burnout" in a 2.2L auto. Maybe with a 5 speed, but even that can be hard.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Zq-8_dawg said:
Lmao sorry, but you will never be able to do a "burnout" in a 2.2L auto. Maybe with a 5 speed, but even that can be hard.
It's called "power braking." Can't get as much smoke as a 4.3, but I can still get 'em going and hold them there as long as I want.

·
Know it all *******
245 Posts
Ha, you underestimate the 2.2L, everyone thinks my truck is a 6 because I do mad burnouts.

dave

·
Registered
508 Posts
Zq-8_dawg said:
I should have gotten pictures or video of one of my burnouts. I filled a whole parking lot with smoke. I guess powerbraking isnt too good on a tranny though. I tried doing it a couple weeks ago and now my automatic doesnt have first gear any more. :phil:

·
Registered
878 Posts
dknutt said:
I should have gotten pictures or video of one of my burnouts. I filled a whole parking lot with smoke. I guess powerbraking isnt too good on a tranny though. I tried doing it a couple weeks ago and now my automatic doesnt have first gear any more. :phil:
Uh oh. LOL. Not really too good on the brakes either, but it's still hella fun!

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
well, you can get anything to do a burnout. I could do burnt outs in my old eclipse gst automatic with abs. just play with it for awhile and learn how to operate your vehicle...

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
This kinda has no relation to ur 2.2 question......

but i a really cool sideways burnout in the SS last week...I got highfives and alotta praise the next day:D

·
Registered
878 Posts
HofinaterSS said:
This kinda has no relation to ur 2.2 question......

but i a really cool sideways burnout in the SS last week...I got highfives and alotta praise the next day:D
You're just trying to make us jealous, you bastard!

JK :p

·
Registered
355 Posts
ive never seen a auto do a burn out before. but it is possible to do it on a S10 search the gallery.... ohhh wait now i remember goto mys10.com and look at thier members gallery has a funny one of a guy who got Tinted windows and street scene mirrors (only mods) and started doing burn outs. only reason i remember that is cause i thought it was a bit excessive to get tinted windows and think thats the only way to get more power out of a SDime. i would try and look for the link but it takes almost litterally days to sort thru thier galleries..

·
Registered
173 Posts
i dont know bout you guys but i can get em going real easy in my truck. course its a 5spd with well some :evilg: work done to it, but even when it was all stock i could burnout without any trouble

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got a 2.2l auto and i easily do burnouts.. thats was the first thing i did once i got it home took it to shoreline park and roasted the tires, then the next day took it back to dealer and got new tires since i did not hit any 30000 miles.....

·
Registered Stepsider!!!!!
569 Posts
I've got a 5 speed, and I can only get the tires to spin in snow, my Firehawk SS Tires grab to well on dry pavement.

·
Registered
878 Posts
All you have to do in an Auto to burn 'em is roll at idle for like 1 second, then press on the brake with your left foot and floor the gas with your right. Hold it there as long as you want and then just let off the brake and roll out of it. That's what a "power brake" is...

·
Registered
508 Posts
mustard_madman said:
well, you can get anything to do a burnout. I could do burnt outs in my old eclipse gst automatic with abs. just play with it for awhile and learn how to operate your vehicle...
Thats true, anything can do a burnout we burned half the front tires of a friends Geo Metro last weekend. We are doing it again and getting it on video.

·
Awesome User
10,442 Posts
ChevyS10693 said:
....and im not gonna burn off my tires with my mom or dad in the truck
its kinda funny when you do something wild with your parents in the car, exp. if they can't say anything if your like 18 or something.. LMAO hahaha its great

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I've got plenty of pics and video.....problem is I can't post them.......my old truck used to do burnouts like a mother****er, like minute long burnouts....easy.

Caleb

1 - 20 of 116 Posts