S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok everyone knows the 4.3 is pretty stout but ive been racing ricers here in va and smokin em. sent one home with his tail tucked under his turbo. so my question is do you guys think that i should go all out performance (drag of course) or should i push rocks around. I have awsome ideas for both but i cant decide. i want to rebuild the engine with edelbrock stuff all the internals as well as bore it just a little and i want to go with a 10 or 12 psi vortec supercharger. anyone have any idea how much horse power and torque can come from one of these engines with mods like these i am looking for something i can drive everyday and still be really fast. maybe bumpin 400 hp. then bout 490-500 with nos. so what do ya think

etin rice
or
pbblpshr

phatboy

oh yeah i have the sport suspention and a posi trac rear so that helps off the line not much wheel spin at all

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
With the Mach Performance S/C kit at 10psi your looking at 100% more HP on a stock(!) 4.3L. Careful attention is needed as far as tuning but with the light weight of the V6 and making V8 hp I think I'd be very happy with just the S/C. Course thats just me. :) Good Luck Bro. Enjoy your S-Series.

·
AZX in PHX
189 Posts
Yea dont go with any other SC than the Machperformance SC.. You will have a 110% HP increase just from the SC.. People with his 3 core intercooled SC are putting out 300+ to the rear wheels..

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where can i get some info about that sc

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Before you do any of the stuff your thinking about read as much as you can find. Also, find a really and I mean really good shop to work with. Especially one with a dyno. Running the SC is fine but 10-12 Lbs boost means your going to need some serious internals. Also, you will need to lower the compression to keep detonation at a minimum. As far as adding Spray to the motor that will really complicate matters. As far as traction goes, you may be finr now...Add the stuff your talking about and consider adding at least a minitub to put it all to the ground......Its not as easy as just bolting this stuff on..Especially to drive it every day. My partner at work has a side business building some serious 4.6 and 5.0 Stangs with SC's on them. Most are 360+ Hp cars but let me tell ya, he spends 3 times more time tuning them than he does building them. 400+ Hp out of these 4.3's starts to take them out of the Drive it every day realm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts