S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ever since my lighter burned out, the electrical system on my 90 S-10 has been screwy. Open the door the radio resets, turn on the interior light the radio resets. I don't mind resetting the radio each time but I would like for it not to happen. Any suggestions???????:wtf:

Standard issue AM/FM

G

·
Yea my old 89 S-10 had one screwed up electrial system. 2.5l standard. everytime i wanted to start it i had to turn on the parking lights , no key was needed just flip on the lights and press in the clutch and it would turn over, never found out the problem, just sold it off.

·
Self Portrait
1,634 Posts
Get a multi-meter and hook it to the Bat wire to your radio then play with things till you find sonething that makes the meter go to zero. Then trace the wires of that thing to find the location of the problem (probably goes back to the fuse block) and fix it. And if that doesn't work take your truck to the local catholic church and have that thing exorcised!

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
All you have to do is replace the fuse for the cig lighter and all will be fixed... The 1st gen's have tons of little wireing quirks like this. But most of the time its just a blown fuse or a bad ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts