S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question:

if i lower my truck with 3" blocks (on top of a zq8) do i need to remove the bump stops?...if yes how about 2" blocks?

thanks

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
You would probably want to take them off and replace them with something smaller just to give yourself a little more play.

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
cut the whole bracket off, otherwise your gonna be bottoming out quite easily and it will make you :barf:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
sonomazq8 said:
cut the whole bracket off, otherwise your gonna be bottoming out quite easily and it will make you :barf:
yup, i have the three inch blocks on my ZQ8 and i have yet to bottom out the truck in the rear end!:thumbup:

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
I have 3" blocks on my "ZQ8" leaf pack and almost never bottom out on the brackets... I do occassionaly put heavy stuff in my bed and then it does hit when taking turns over bumps. I would take out the brackets just havent gotten around to it yet. When my rear shocks were blown out it was always hitting, after some toxic shocks "syndrome" I dont think I can get it to bottom out w/o somthing in the bed. STIFF. :)

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
when i first lowered my truck with three inch blocks i tried running it with the bumpstops taken out, but with the bracket, and it bottomed out on almost every bump I hit. I guess its all personal opinion. One of my friends runs 4" blocks and his axle is actually smushing the bumpstop, he didnt cut anything off. I keep tellin him to cut off the bracket, but he says its fine. (it rides like ****). in my opinion yank the sob :bash:

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Not hard to tell when its hitting and when its not. Ride quality is the most important thing to me.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
i pulled out my bumpstops and im cuttin out the brackets soon once i get my helper leaf (the shortest one, the guy who had the truck before me pulled it out like an idiot) and since the helper leaf is gone, when i was haulin a waterbed i bottomed out hellaz, with no bumpstops

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
will the brake lines interfere if the bump stop arent stopping the suspension travel?! if so what should i do it looks like there is a brake thing (i'm not a mechanic!) that tees and is connected to the diff...and it looks real close to a tank right above it...what should i do?

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
ya on my brothers truck, his brake lines got cut i think twice so u are going to have to run them over it

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
yikes! thanks for the info!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts