S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone thinks its a real good idea to shave off the bump stops and looked at the how to on this site it really wasnt that easy. I used a grinder, and had to make a horizontal cut all the way across the stop so that when I weakened the weld i could have a way to pry it from the frame, so i peeled it off, because just grinding the weld was impossible, or maybe im stupid, took an hour on each one.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
took me about 30 min on one and 5 minutes on the other....i guess i'm talented :D

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
dude if you look like me your girl would want it quick to get it over with too....

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
It didn't take me very long, I started a cut, got the air chisel in there then ripped that beotch off with a crowbar, then I grinded the welds off and spray painted the exposed metal with black primer, the welds are very weak and they crack easily.

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mrX

are you really that ugly? I'd like to see a pic hah, and to grant not all of us are fortunate enuf to have air tools, be careful with crowbars and nice trucks

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I work 6 days a week to buy tools and parts for my truck, I have done all the work myself and instead of paying someone else to do the work I bought tools, now something like cutting the bumpstops off is easier because I have more tools.
and I don't have a girlfriend to spend money on.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
doesnt matter what i look like as long as my g/f is super hot i'm fine... :) ...when i did mine i used a grinder also i ground far enough to smack em off w/ a hammer then used some rustoleam on the frame

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow

gee you didt have to go that far I guess better a pic of you than your girl. Wait I think i ran across this pic of you on the net, say it isn't so? haha just bustin balls

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i pitty the fools who messin wit my van

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
what the f#ck were you doing to find a pic like that.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
maybe he has an ugly person fetish....

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
ok, enough of that ****. I am about to get my reciever hitch for my new roll pan and I have no bumpstops. where can I get some rubber or something to put on the frame so I don't kill anything when I am towing my dads boat?

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
where did you put your original ones, you can cut em and glue then to the frame above the axel, or go to aim industries they sell aftermarket ones for like 30 bucks www.truckn.com
I still think that pic might be you

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
that pic was supposed to be me, alright beotch here is a pic of me and my truck. I just got some new pics yesterday W/O roll pan, 'bout to post them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts