S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of what is happening.

The rear tires rub a lot or the rear fenders, but I don't want to trim if I don't have to. I was thinking of welding together a box that will slip over the U bolts and create a platform for the bump stop to push against. Has any one done this or is there a better way?

·
3 Leaf Fab
4,082 Posts
Here is a picture of what is happening.

The rear tires rub a lot or the rear fenders, but I don't want to trim if I don't have to. I was thinking of welding together a box that will slip over the U bolts and create a platform for the bump stop to push against. Has any one done this or is there a better way?
thats a common way to do it. it works well for stiffening up the spring plate too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you could go with something simple like this:

or something a bit better and stronger like this:
The first one wouldn't work because the bump stop mounted to the piece is in the center and on my truck it is hitting in front of the bolts. The second one unless I do not understand how it works is going to be way to low for the bump stop to ever hit. Here is a crewed drawing of what I was envisioning.

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
I was trying to max it out so I could get a picture. Here is from the other side.
Ahhh I understand now

·
3 Leaf Fab
4,082 Posts
the second one just gives you a taller place to mount the bumpstop too, and it stiffens up your existing plate. i did not see the current bumpstop you have, i must have missed it in the picture the first time around.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the second one just gives you a taller place to mount the bumpstop too, and it stiffens up your existing plate. i did not see the current bumpstop you have, i must have missed it in the picture the first time around.
The only bump stop that is on there is the factory one that is coming off of the frame. I never even thought about cutting down the bolts but I will make sure to do that. Thanks for the ideas!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts