S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we all know my truck got broke into....well, right after I got it back Jamal and I put in those Nuimage Flame gauges.....all well and good....we were a little off on temp and the speedo (temp was reading like 115 warm and speedo....I have no clue but it was more than 15 mph slow), so I went to get it recalibrated and they couldn't fix it I think they actually made it worse......so I decided to send it off with the local dealership....they said they'd get a new core, and switch the faces so I could get it back in a day and that would be fine.....1 day, so I'm like cool, do that, but have a technician swap the faces so I have a warranty....they said okay.....now they call back and say its a week, and they're just sending my unit in to get fixed since the place they get gauges from doesn't have any right now and doing it that way would be 2 weeks.....so now its down for another week all for some gay flame gauges that now I don't even know if I like cause they've caused me this ****.....

I'm seriously thinking about trading off my piece of **** and going back to imports.....even modified the only problem my old car gave me was a couple bad transmissions.....and I know what I could have done to fix that now and wish I hadn't sold that car for this piece of crap.....

1st thing, spark plug wires, then the slave cylinder craps out and kills my clutch, miscellanious small things, it was backed into by some ***** in an SUV a month after I bought it, then it got broke into, now this ****.... I hate this thing

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I'm actually looking at different trucks and stuff....

did you know you can get a TRD package S-runner with a V6, 5 spd everything the S-10 is, except the TRD has a V6, supercharged for 15,500....with a full stainless steel exhaust and ground effects the total comes to 22,030....runs with lightnings for 22,000 bucks!!

Base is 13,530....V6 and a toyota.....the supercharger can be worked into the damn payments....hmmm prospect? Yes

Caleb

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
runs with lightnings for 22,000 bucks!!

Um can you tell me who you buy your dope from cause that shiit must be real good if you think that truck is gonna run with a lightening....Dont mean to be cruel but that is just a big ol pile of horse shiit. If the dealer told you that than you need to go back and tell him that if thats true your going to bring one down and if it loses you get the toyleta for free......Just out of curiosity, whats the horsepower in that truck....Oh and remeber the SC is a dealer not factory installed option.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look in the sport truck issue where they compared that truck to the lightning, and I quote

"the s-runner kept pace, but if the lightning spit, sputtered, or hesitated in ANY way, the little S-runner would have been all over the big blue oval"

They were doing a road comparison test by driving them and the S-runner and lightning dropped back and went at it

Anyways, yeah dealer installed option that is worked into the payments and still comes with a warranty...the reason the price jumps from 13,000 is that the dealer bodyshop installs the bodykit and paints it, and then installs the supercharger and the exhaust......the biggest price is the damn bodykit! LOL

I'd just go for the 15,500 with the SC.....I'd be raping 4.3's no problem!

I don't know HP, but its claimed to be mid 200's with the torque nearing 300 in a TRD brochure......truck is also lighter than S-10's weighing in at 2900 LBS for the truck I'd be getting

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I get a Jet chp stage II in the mail and it doesn't have the extender bolt ARRRFGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
ya i think i read that article too.....i cant believe it but its the only proof i have so i'll go with it....u have any pics of the s-runner witht the body kit i'd like to see that.....

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Well heres a pic. looks like a liberty from jeep lowered with the back cut out. Motor trend and truckin' magazine did a reveiw which I just read that said and I quote"Nevertheless, our staffers who like trucks immensely enjoyed the Tacoma. Speedy and able to provide decent handling, Tacoma won't be confused with a car. It rides roughly, and its dated interior is bare-bones basic, giving you the things you need and nothing you don't. There isn't much weight over the rear axle, which means that prodigious use of the accelerator results in lots of wheelspin, especially when powering out of a turn. And if you're driving the S-Runner in the rain, like we did nearly the entire week we had the truck, you'll find the experience either fun or frustrating, depending on your mood.

Attachments

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
They also said that the main competition for the truck are our s-10's and the dodge RT. They both said that although fast it is no lightening. But thats what nice about america, everybody has a choice. Hate to see ya go to the rice side of truckin but what the hey. Just some more notes...

horsepower without blower is 190 with 260
torque without blower is 220 with is 275.
Thats only 25 more lbs of torque than the 4.3
ABS is an option
Rear drum brakes
Smaller stabilizer bars and its only 200 lbs lighter..
only comes in extended cab...yuk lol

Just something to think about....

That 4000 option is going to cost you about 8 grand by the time you pay it off....

thats a lot of money for a cruder interior and only 70 horsepower.
Spend $3500 on a SC for an s-10 w 5 speed and get in the neighborhood of 300 horsepower and 300 lb/ft of torque

Granted no warranty but 4000 for a warranty lol

Good luck gonna hate to see ya leave though

Attachments

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Last post on this guys...

2002 S Runner SC 0 - 60 7 Flat

2002 Lightening 0 - 60 5.4 Nuff Said...

·
Self Portrait
1,634 Posts
I don't like the front end on the toyota......and I'm a HUGE taco fan! I loved mine!

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait...only in Xcab, WTF, the dealership told me Xcab was optional, **** that then, guess I'll go look at cars and stuff, anything to get away from my truck right now, and I don't really want to get another GM product cause of what this dumb thing has ALREADY put me through, I can't imagine what kind of crap it'll have later down the road

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That makes me feel so much worse, cause if that is going to go wrong, IT WILL DAMNIT!!! My engine will blow at 70,000 something......I just know it now that I read that

I have 42-43 XXX something like that so great, I'll have that to look forward to if I keep it......if that **** happens, this truck is getting a V8, I don't care, but hopefully I won't have it that much longer

Caleb

·
Registered
128 Posts
The best way for you to fall in love with your truck again is to give it alittle love. It's just about as cold and snowy in Illinios as it is here in Minnesota. Just wait for this weekend when it is supposed to be above freezing and give your truck a good hand washing, and as much detailing as you can. Maybe the dealership would let you use a service bay on Saturday when they aren't at full staff and can afford the space.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eh its being parked outside in our yard for a week or two (whenever the fix my gauges) and being forgotten about......then I'm going to run the piss out of it whenever i get it back to teach her a lesson about making me drive the mini van....then I'll put the Jet chip I got in, and run the piss out of her some more.......Oh well.....no washing for her......maybe later, when shes working right and has a gauge cluster....

Caleb

1 - 20 of 37 Posts