S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 594 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
mother fcker this is the 3rd time writing this up the forum keeps telling me to sign in after i try posting and i lose everything i wrote so i will do it in pieces.

Truck is a 1997 reg cab 4.3l 5spd Stepside
Stuck lifter sent me on this build

Battery relocated to rear, a/c removed

Engine
2001 4.3l 262CID stock bore
Magnafluxed and shotpeened rods
Forged SpeedPro pistons 9.2:1CR
3.48" Stroke
Total Seal rings
Ported and polished heads
Ovate wire springs
COmp cams kit
RR's. High flo oil pump and fel pro gasket kit, Copper exhaust gaskets.
Underdrive pullies

Specs on cam
Int Exh
Gross valve lift .501 .501
Tappet lift 271 266
Duration 215 210

Turbo setup
Turbo situation is rough, Master power in brazil is under renovations in brazil and currently MIA, and i don't want to spend 1000 on a journal bearing garrett. i might guinea pig a ebay turbo
Turbo setup Tial 38mm wastegate
EBay BOV
ebay intercooler

Drivetrain
Stock NV3500, new clutch, new slave, ARP flywheel and PP bolts
STock 3.08 open dif, i hook up wit two wheels and will keep her till i blow her

Fueling
I have the money and the mechanical ability to do the 2114 but for the sake of gettin the project running and my lack of knowledge tuning i will run what the past builder ran on this 4.3 an Aeromtive A1000 EFi regulator with a 1:1 refrence for boost. This setup took his 3800lb blazer to a 13.4 on the 1/4 at 8psi, at 10psi he was lean so for starters i will run this.

Tuning
I would love to run the RPM 2114 setup and tunercat but i don't have a shop that can help nor my own personal knowledge about tuning. I will run an Innovate Wideband but have not selected which yet, its confusing.

First goal 300whp 320lbs torque low 13second slip or atleast MPH good low 13's
Second goal 450whp MEth injection, 2114, tunercat, MSD 6a and distributor 14psi

I'm gonna need a A/c delete bracket, and i broke the alternator bracket when i pulled the motor so pm me a b\price if u have em.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
looks good its pretty close to what i want to do. i am going to try buying all the tuning stuff right now and learn it before i install all the turbo stuff. let me know how it works out and maybe by the time your ready ill know the turner stuff. and when im reedy u can let me in on some secrets for installing the turbo ;)

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
What is a 1:1 ratio going to do to help you tune? That won't add any extra fuel. It just keeps the pressure drop across the injectors constant. With boost if you don't raise the fuel pressure with the boost you will actually lose fuel pressure. You need something that will raise fuel pressure faster than boost aka an fmu.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
mother fcker this is the 3rd time writing this up the forum keeps telling me to sign in after i try posting and i lose everything i wrote so i will do it in pieces.

Truck is a 1997 reg cab 4.3l 5spd Stepside
Stuck lifter sent me on this build

Battery relocated to rear, a/c removed

Engine
2001 4.3l 262CID stock bore
Magnafluxed and shotpeened rods
Forged SpeedPro pistons 9.2:1CR
3.48" Stroke
Total Seal rings
Ported and polished heads
Ovate wire springs
COmp cams kit
RR's. High flo oil pump and fel pro gasket kit, Copper exhaust gaskets.
Underdrive pullies

Specs on cam
Int Exh
Gross valve lift .501 .501
Tappet lift 271 266
Duration 215 210

Turbo setup
Turbo situation is rough, Master power in brazil is under renovations in brazil and currently MIA, and i don't want to spend 1000 on a journal bearing garrett. i might guinea pig a ebay turbo
Turbo setup Tial 38mm wastegate
EBay BOV
ebay intercooler

Drivetrain
Stock NV3500, new clutch, new slave, ARP flywheel and PP bolts
STock 3.08 open dif, i hook up wit two wheels and will keep her till i blow her

Fueling
I have the money and the mechanical ability to do the 2114 but for the sake of gettin the project running and my lack of knowledge tuning i will run what the past builder ran on this 4.3 an Aeromtive A1000 EFi regulator with a 1:1 refrence for boost. This setup took his 3800lb blazer to a 13.4 on the 1/4 at 8psi, at 10psi he was lean so for starters i will run this.

Tuning
I would love to run the RPM 2114 setup and tunercat but i don't have a shop that can help nor my own personal knowledge about tuning. I will run an Innovate Wideband but have not selected which yet, its confusing.

First goal 300whp 320lbs torque low 13second slip or atleast MPH good low 13's
Second goal 450whp MEth injection, 2114, tunercat, MSD 6a and distributor 14psi

I'm gonna need a A/c delete bracket, and i broke the alternator bracket when i pulled the motor so pm me a b\price if u have em.

well friend if your motor acts anything like mine you will be right around 400ft.lbs @ 300whp.... i made 255whp & 330 [email protected] 8psi.

good luck

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good luck...this is what i'm looking to do..are you sticking with the factory 5 speed?
yes i will keep the stock tranny JDB and sebast both running way more power on their nv3500's

rat well as u can see i'm having difficulty with the tuning aspect down, its difficult to kno where to turn for help, u want to rebuild a motor read a book, build a turbo setup read corky bell, but for OBD2 tuning i have found little, and monodax.com had an intro to tuning but no details or real info jus said all the translations IPR injector pulse rate etc

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
I think it is simpler that most make it out to be. It is fuel air and spark. Air you have no control over. Spark as long as it isn't too much you will be ok on your engine, but may leave a few horsepower on the table if too conservative. So you just have to make sure it has the right amount of fuel.

Either turn the injectors on longer, or if they are turned on too long, then raise the fuel pressure with an fmu.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
rat whats ur tunercat hourly rate??? lol

and if anybody knows where i can get poly motor mounts let me know
I don't charge for email tuning.

^^^Boosted's pads are great btw.

·
Registered
231 Posts
hey rat can you help me ? i need to find s omeone to tune my nitrous blazer. i need a tune real bad. any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Quick ? did you just swap the left and right mainifolds and:welder: weld on the rest of the turbo header. Just wondering

1 - 20 of 594 Posts