S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ap0lio
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im building a box for my buddies mustang convertible.... gonnna be pretty easy just wondered if anyone has ever made a box for a similar car :p

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
depends on the year. i just finished building a sealed box for my sis's 96 mustang. 11x14x32. if i measured everything correctly it should easily slide in the trunk, and fit right up behind the rear seats.

·
Ap0lio
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my measurments are 30" long, 13" deep, 10" high on the back wall 7.5" high on the front wall ..... thier facing the trunk door.... ill post some pics after i get everything installed.... box is sealed PERFECTLY and is nice n tight with them audiobahns :D :cool:

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
MoneyMike said:
its a bitch trying to get boxes in the back of 99 and up stangs
any of the newer body styles are a bitch. that's why the box i built is exactly 11" deep, so i could drop it though the crappy trunk opening. i'm just hoping i can mount the subs before i get the box in.

·
Grounded 4 Life
2,158 Posts
xbrightsidex said:
any of the newer body styles are a bitch. that's why the box i built is exactly 11" deep, so i could drop it though the crappy trunk opening. i'm just hoping i can mount the subs before i get the box in.
first time i built a box i didnt measure teh trunk opening :rolleyes:

will never do that again.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
If I were building a box for a convertible, it would be down firing. If its not too late to change that, I would seriously consider it.

·
S V T is a little bitch
566 Posts
I built one for my 1985 Camaro...it was a ported box and if any of you have ever seen the rear hatch of a Camaro...you can appreciate the difficulty in building a box for the rear well...that had to meet certain air space requirements and also be able to port it to tune it correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts