S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if it is possible or if anyone has made their own lowrd contol arm for shockwaves??? i was thinking that it wouldnt be that critical to lower the mounting points for the bottom shock mount. im not sure exactly how to do it but i think its possible. like cut out a cirlce like the size of the lower spring pocket and get some structural tubuing about 1" long and weld it back in so it sits a little lower. am i crazy or what??? ya think this will work

scott

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
i wouldnt run shockwaves bro.......i used to have them.......at the bottom where they bolt into the control arem.....they bind and eventually snap.......not a good thing..........if i were you, i wouldnt go with them.....i have heard from many shops that they are unsafe...............do what you want but its not as safe as it looks

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
snap? hmm, i dunno about that. i run all air ride equipment on my truck and have found it to be nothing but the highest quality work. maybe those crap knock-offs that AIM make will snap. i dunno. good luck

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
no, i dont have the shockwaves. but the cool ride will give you about 2 inches more travel at the wheel. thanks, lata

1 - 6 of 6 Posts