S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at other threads and did a search, but didn't really find what I was looking for. The paint job is about 48 hours old. I wetsanded with 1500. I then buffed with a foam buffing pad and 3m compound at 1500rpm. After I did that I went to a foam polishing pad and 1200rpm. It feels slick, but in certain lighting it kind of looks "hazey" and you can still see light scratches. So what am I doing wrong? What is the best way to buff? With the scratches? Circular motion? Across the stratches? Any idea to improve my buffing would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
after the compound did you use polish? meguiars scratch remover takes away some of the small scracthes use a new foam buffing pad

·
Registered
189 Posts
try to keep the surface wet(compound)when u first put some compound on swirl it around and rud it in a bit, and apply some pressure, which way u go doesnt really matter but try going from side to side. make sure that u keep moving the buffer and dont let it get the clear too hot or u will burn the clear and base right off, esp. if it fresh clear. if it still looks hazy then just keep working and it will go away, u just have to buff it more thats all. buffing is time consuming. after its all done if u still see swirl marks or small fine scratches go over it with a polishing pad with some 3M machine glaze. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts