S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
I'm sure I speak for most of the board when I say

aint gonna happen, with that much money, and with hopes and dreams that the trucks ecm will recognize boost and add fuel

but good luck

later

· Registered
160 Posts
6-8 pounds of boost isnt really so little, and theres no way the computer can add the 15-30 pounds of fuel pressure in relation to pounds of boost on its own. You'll need fuel management.

If you could simply tune the computer, none of us forced ind. guys would have between $500 to $1000 in upgraded fuel management systems. We'd all be knockin down your uncle's buddies' door. I have over $600 in fuel upgrades, on top of a $450 ECM reflash.

keep us posted!

later

· Registered
160 Posts
yeah what he said

· Registered
160 Posts
actually it does a lot more than that usually.. its the trucks computer's program that gets modified, and/or "re-flashed". It usually consists of altering the fuel/timing curves in relation to rpm/load, trans shift points based on TPS signal and speed, compensates for changes in tire size, rear end gear changes, reducing and/or removing transmission torque management, pushing the parameters for the MAF, etc... usually done on a custom basis, depending on what mods you have

later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.