S-10 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.2l sonoma Brand new motor
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
its not bragging? its talking about the reason why i wanted to turbo this? its talking about the motivation i had to get this truck set up properly? really, im sure you have had some friendly competition that motivated you to do something at some point in your life, only young once and with all the crap happening in the world right now i just want to enjoy every second of it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Well, mostizzle prepare to laugh. The motor i got we bough remanufactured from fraser motors. apparently they did a very bad job as the motor is leaking from either the rear main and/or the head. With the current mods on the truck that i have the mechanic told me that they should not cause any of those leaks. He even said that with a motor this new (15,000) that no matter how hard i drive it that it still shouldnt matter. motor is under warrenty so they are fixing every little thing they can possibly fix on it. After this i will have the turbo put on by the shop and sell the truck. hopefully i can get around 6,000 for it all in all. Hoping to get a 350z, i will still be posting our turbo progress and what we do on it but need to wait until the truck is fixed. I know i mess around and race sometimes for fun, but like ive said before, daily driving this truck i get around 25mpg, i dont rag on it, and i dont beat on it often. Either way my trust in this motor is now gone, so after it is fixed i just dont think i can trust the truck anymore, I mean the transmission has 245,000 miles on it and hasnt messed up anywhere near as much as the motor.

·
Old Fart
3,797 Posts
Wait until he has to spend money for repairs on a 350Z! He will learn how cheap a Chevy is really quick! ?

Reactions: Thatoneguylol

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #207 (Edited)
You give up pretty easily for someone who does mechanic work.
not really that, more of the fact that i have an opportunity to get the car that ive really wanted, the truck is great, but its getting up there in miles. 240k does not bode well for a turbo project...
I can have the same power as the z, but if both cars are valued the same then a turbo 2.2l like mine would not be as reliable as a 350z with around 100k
Honestly if i get a z i dont plan on any power mods, i just want a nice reliable daily that can get up there if need be.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Wait until he has to spend money for repairs on a 350Z! He will learn how cheap a Chevy is really quick! ?
well, actually going from a 9$ an hour job to a 16$ an hour job, here in kentucky i can do pretty well with that much. also going from 30 hours a week to 45 so that should help as well. The worst part will be the insurance ? Fortunately i have no wrecks and have never been ticketed, that should give me a decent price.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Farewell and good luck to you in all your future automotive endeavors.
like i said, i will be finishing this thread first. After it gets out of the shop, apparently that entire motor is still under warrenty so fingerss crossed. By the way, i do plan on getting another s10, probably a junker with no motor so i could possible do a swap. I will still be part of this forum. Honestly i still havnt decided between a 4th gen camaro and a 350z.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
i saw some earlier posts about these and heard they arnt being made anymore? the post was from 2009 so these could be different. But as far as i can tell they are the same ones. So far, going to restore all the trim on the truck, replace the mirror, and install this plus the turbo kit if i can ever get a fuel pump for it. Quarentine makes stuff pretty hard to get right now. If these are the same i thought it would be worth mentioning that they are in stock. :D

·
Old Fart
3,797 Posts
i saw some earlier posts about these and heard they arnt being made anymore? the post was from 2009 so these could be different. But as far as i can tell they are the same ones. So far, going to restore all the trim on the truck, replace the mirror, and install this plus the turbo kit if i can ever get a fuel pump for it. Quarentine makes stuff pretty hard to get right now. If these are the same i thought it would be worth mentioning that they are in stock. :D
I haven't had any problems ordering what I need on the net since the virus started. 😀

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #216 (Edited by Moderator)
I haven't had any problems ordering what I need on the net since the virus started. 😀
Not a problem with ordering, more of a problem with hours and $$$. Oh, the truck was in the shop for a rear main and oil pump. The oil pump was one of the parts they kept from the original motor. Explains a lot as to why it blew when the original motor had 220k on it. I do still want to eventually sell this but since it was not a major issue i am going to see how long the turbo lasts. Also want to add, after looking at prices and condition i can get a pretty good ls1 camaro with about 120k on it for $6500. If i can stick with chevy i will, not to mention it kicks the *** of a 350z any day of the week 😂

Reactions: goes2fast

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
What fuel pump would you all recommend i get? going to be using 42lb injectors on the motor. I have seen some decent walbro pumps around.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Just ordered a racetronix 255lph fuel pump recommended by another post on the forums. here soon i will be installing the injectors, fuel pump, and the tuned ecm. Going to drive it like that for a bit while i wait on the rear main seal and some other parts to come in.

·
Super Moderator
20,517 Posts
I know, but the best way to learn is to do it hands on, one of my best friends that i was in welding with has a lot more experience than me, and his dad actually had his own nascar team it was hale enterprises i thnk. with those two helping me along and this forum giving me all the info i need, well i think i honestly stand a decent shot at it. We actually got an 87 dodge dakota v6 for 200$, pulled the motor both of us rebuilt it and i fixed the firing order threw it back in the truck and it ran, we sold it for 700. i'm not very experienced now, but i want to get there. UNOH is where i plan to go for the performance power trans course. I am dead set on doing this as my career, and the earlier i start the better i end up in the future. After that i would love to work for corvette maybe even at the race track for LS Fest.
Keep wrenching, learning. Though, I would prefer to work for the Nascar team, even as helper for free. Skill trade and learning directly from them is better than paying school for textbook and some hands on. You'll have better chance to work for them than students that graduate from UNOH.

201 - 220 of 252 Posts