S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
low country dropshop
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright fellas...im looking to bag my 94' and i dont have a clue where to start.

i know what i want but i need some help with what i need to put it all together.
i want it to air up fast and drop slow. it is my daily driver so it needs to be dependable. i wont be towing anything with it and when it's dropped, i want it to be as low as i can get it.

from searching around this is what i have gathered.....
I need:
(8) 1/2" electric valves (PSI?not sure what it matters?)<---need suggestions
50 feet of 5/8" DOT airline'
(4) 2600 bags (any suggestions on what brand??)
(2) cups for front bags
(2) brackets for rear bags
(1) 6 gallon tank
(1) compressor (brands???CFM's???)<---needs suggestions
(1) 10 switch box
drop spindles to lay out more out front?????is this right???
(1) pressure switch (dont have a clue what it's for)
(1) pressure guage
C-notch (depending on how low i go)

would 2 small tanks be better than 1 big one?
do i really need 2 compressors?
im guessing a lower CFM just takes longer to fill the tank(s)???
bags do replace the coils right??
leafs stay in? ive saw threads about mono leafing one, what does that do?

i dont want to have to 3link or 4 link it, im not looking to lay out. all i want is a simple bag job, just front up/down...rear up/down...sides up/down and whole truck up/down. all i can really afford right now is about $1000-$1200 tops.

ive never owned a bagged truck, hell i havent even ridden in one and i just want to do it myself so i can learn to work on it if it does fail or whatever,
ya know? I just need some help getting started.

Thanks for any help....Matthew

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
the subject sounds like an oxymoron

if you want to go down slow don't get 1/2" dumps, get 4 1/2" for fills, and 4 3/8" for dumps, or you can always opt for the controls they sell now

the drop spindles will bring the front tire up but only to the point where they hit the inner fender, then you will not go any lower...

you don't need two compressors, or two tanks its whatever you want, some people just like the more air.

In all honesty, you're not going to be able to bag your entire truck on $1200, there are so many little things, and i think ebfore you even take a wrench to it to start this project you have to do more searches on how to do it and become a little more familiar. I hope my couple answers helped tho. good luck

·
low country dropshop
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you have 4 valves for fill and 4 for dumps.....see i didnt know that, i thought the airline went in one side of the valve and on the other side of the valve was a dump.

im not really in a big hurry to bag it but id like to go ahead and buy what i can with the $1200 i have now. if i dont buy some stuff now, the money will be pissed away.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Well buy the a rear link setup first cause that's what most ppl DON'T get around to doing. And you can say you have a F/B/S/S system (8 valves) while running a monoleaf setup but it wont doing any of the side to side movement as well as a link setup.

You need to read up a LOT more on here cause you don't really throw a temp system on a truck and call it done. You should try and do your suspension properly and safely the first time around. Don't be cheaping out just to have a bag'd truck, that's not how it should be done.

Nate

·
I piss excellence
850 Posts
_juice_ said:
so you have 4 valves for fill and 4 for dumps.....see i didnt know that, i thought the airline went in one side of the valve and on the other side of the valve was a dump.

im not really in a big hurry to bag it but id like to go ahead and buy what i can with the $1200 i have now. if i dont buy some stuff now, the money will be pissed away.
R n R man, research n read...prolly the most information you will ever find is withen that search field. I learned a lot in the time I'v been here and with the help some some members I got my truck bagged..And I love it. All I can say..meaningless post..but none the less its my tew pennies. Gl with it tho :tup:

·
low country dropshop
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well like i said, I have no experience with bags and no one apparently lives near me than can help me out and Im not gonna **** it all up trying to figure it out as I go. I just saw the F.B.S.S. kits on ebay for $1k that said "complete kit, everything you need" and i was hoping it wasnt too good to be true, but yet again...it was. so I guess im just going to drop her static and drag the bottom out.
thanks for the input guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts