S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '98 S-10, with a 5 speed and 2.2. Lately the truck bucks- like it was in the wrong gear - at certain rpms (1700-2500). It doesn't matter if the truck is accelerating or decelerating. It doesn't matter what speed or gear either. I changed the plugs and wires. I tested the volts on the MAP and TPS sensors and both are out of spec. I think it could be the PCM. Anyone have this problem and if so, was it the computer? Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Low and Slow
28 Posts
I'd really like to know the answer to this question also. Mine does the exact same thing, and I was thinking it was maybe the plugs also. But if you say it didn't help anything, I don't have to do it. Any ideas would be appreciated...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I replaced the plugs and wires, ran a multimeter on the coil pack and everything checked out voltage wise, but the the buck was still there. I also ran the multimeter on the TPS and MAP sensors and got bad readings (it should be .5 volts on each sensor with the engine off and ignition on I think). This means either a wiring prollem or a PCM prollem. I doubt it's wiring b/c it's both sensors. I get no SES light either (which is odd). A bad TPS will cause bucking. Just for sh%ts and grins why don't you run a meter on each of those sensors and see what you get. I am prolly gonna buy the comp. I read somewhere on the web that stock comps go bad. $85 refurbished.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts