S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering where i could get some bucket seats for a regular cab s10. i tried ebay and all my local salvage yards. i've also tried the dealerships with no luck at all. the closest i came was some blazer seats but i need some seats that will fold foward so that i can access the area behind my seats to put speaker boxes. i'm not sure if the blazer seats will fold up or not. thanks for the help

·
Early Member
3,167 Posts
You can find seats on e-bay, you just have to check periodically. The blazer seats that fold forward will be the ones out of a 2 door blazer and not a 4 door.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help, i had noticed those 2 auctions but i don't want leather and i was tryin to find a set of seats a little cheaper than that. but i called a local salvage yard and i'm gonna go check out a pair of seats from a blazer, i just hope it's out of a 2 door blazer so the seats fold up. the guy told me 150 for both seats which sounds damn good to me. ill find out more tomorrow but thanks for the help guys

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Just cut your 60/40 down to buckets. Its not hard and if done right you cant tell its been cut. I live on the MS coast, if you are close enough you can drive over here and I will help ya with it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ic an't do that b/c i had a bench seat in there then i got some free cavalier bucket seats that i installed a couple months back but they are from a 4 door and they dont' fold forward so i'm looking to getting some s10 bucket seats that fold forward so that i have the least amount of trouble installing them and being able to get behind my seat.

·
WhackdOutGemini
626 Posts
At first I switched my 89 buckets from my blaze, bolted up perfect but I didn't like them because they were still high. So what I did was swapped them back but I cut off the head rests and cut out the console. The blazer seats fold up pretty good, but so do the stock buckets. (with the console cut out)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I bought a pair of cavalier buckets for mine (2dr they fold forward) and had to buy some blazer seat tracks for them. I also had to modify the floor to accept them. the outer bolts from the bench, worked fine but, I had to weld some bolts on the floor for the inner tracks. Plus, on the pass side I had to fabricate and weld in a bracket just to get that seat level and square.
They're at the upholstry shop now gettin covered!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i got some seats from an 01 blazer tonite and i didn't really get a chance to see if they gonna work but i noticed that the tracks are kinda weird. the part where it bolts down to the floor is bent straight down on 3 of the 4 legs. is this normal or did someone try to make these work and bent them downward??
oh and if anybody wants some cavalier bucket seats, i got a good deal on some just make an offer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts