S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas got the intake in and this is what i have noticed.
Idle is 100 rpm lower and my oil pressure at idle has gone up 8-10
from 40 to 48-50......Is this the norm?

Stock what should your oil pressure be idle and otherwise anyways?
THANKS ALL

·
Registered
89 Posts
I DONT THINK IT SHOULD IDLE ANY HIGHER BUT THE HIGHER OIL PRESSURE IS DUE TO THE HIGHER RPMS I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH JUST PUT IT THIS WAY MINE DIDNT DO THAT

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
So all is good?

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Liftedbronco said:
its idling higher because the iac needs to readjust itsself. disconnect the battery for awhile and let it reset.
he say idle "lower", not higher. :)

;)

Altho, yes, more air is coming in and the comp is probably tweaking, disconnect the batt for abit......reset the ecm.

Then, let it idle for about 10mins when u reconnect the battery.

Do our trucks have the idle relearn process?

I know on my car, when u disconnected the battery, you had to do an idle relearn or it would idle erratically.........you had to put it in drive, and sit there with your foot on the pedal for 5 mins and then turn off for 10secs, and idle again in drive for 5mins.......

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
don't worry about it...lower idle is fine and higher oil pressure is good...my oil pressure is all over the place most of the time I am only concerned when I have it floored and it is reading low!!! as for idle don't worry about it...with my AEM and all the mods I have I idled at 500rpm when I put in the Granatelli it went to 600rpm

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
i remember reading about that idle relearn. I think we do have it. but its not automatic every time u disconnect the batt. u gotta do something to trigger it. search ssf...i think i read it there. A whole tps iac adjustment tutorial

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i still dont get it but my oil pressure is up...

My idle is barely down.... it as well i dont understand! BUT at least these things are good YES!!!
So to hell with understanding right! LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts