S-10 Forum banner

Brother has big a problem with his 4.3.

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Rhotpursuit 
#1 ·
Ok, first I would like to say hello. My Bro's problem is this. This is on a 99 Silverado wth a 4.3 CPI. Same engine that is in the S-10's. He has no spark. We changed ignition module, coil, plugs and wires. The Cap was just replaced about 5000 miles ago. The only thing left I can think of is the Crankshaft Position Sensor and ECM. Anyone have any ideas or things I can check to narrow down the problem? Thanks.

Matt

#2 ·
1999 CPI? are you suire it isnt MPFI or SFI? unless he swapped it, its not a cpi. my 94 had the same problem, would up beoing the "spark control module", not sure of the newer trucks have that or not, but it might be something to check.

#6 ·
mine did the same thing - didnt throw a code, but that doesnt mean there isnt one stored. do you have any way to get the truck to the dealership or autozone? or do you have, or know anyone who has, a code scanner?

#8 ·
Check your emissions warranty. It will list a truck full of parts that are covered for 50,000 miles, although I can't recall the time limit. Cats are good for 8 yrs or 80,000 miles if memory serves. Can't hurt to ask

R.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.