S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO some how when I was removing my plugs one managed to comes clean out..... but the little case and threads are still in the head but all the guts came out ...... anyone ever have somthing liek this happen I have no idea how to go about getting it outa there.

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts
hard to say what your talking about without actually seeing it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah it is hard to explain pretty much u can see through like there is nothing in it just like a can of pop with no top or bottom with threads screwed into the cyl

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts
damn... how'd you manage to do this...? i've herd of them breaking from too much pressure while trying to remove them... but i've never had that problem though...is this the 1st time you are replacing them, and did you use anti-seize ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I acutaaly bought the car this way..... anyways. I tried an ez out but I think once it started to grab it pressed the sides and made it in there tighter..... broke a few sockets trying.... any more ideas

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it were me I'd pull the head at this point. Take it to a machine shop - they'll take care of it for sure....maybe event do a complete head recondition while I was at it....

·
Lowered Intentions
24 Posts
I had this problem when i had my chevy prizm, I was being a retard and was turning the socket the wrong way and broke the spark plug off, and the only thing that was left in the engine was the ring part that your talking about, needless to say thank god my grandfather was still alive at that time or i would be up shit creek, with no boat or paddle, we went down to our local hardware store and we bought a set of easy-out bits, we went back home and found the one that was close to the size of the spark plug and used either a rachet or a breakaway i forget which and the correct socket, and it pulled it out as if i was taking it out normally.

- what brand of tools are you using?
we were using craftsman and didnt have a problem

·
Registered
476 Posts
are you saying the ceramic center portion of the spark plug came out leaving the outer case with the hex socket portion still left? or did the hex socket part of the spark plug shear off leaving the threaded portion still in the hole? either way you going to have to pull the head as you dont want spark plug fragments in your cylinder.

·
7 P.S.I. is not enough
294 Posts
just get done with and pull the head it will make it easier to do and get to but you may be able to get the the plug from the bottmo onf the threads ang twist them out thar way. I work for ford and they have the problem with the 5.4L 3Valve tritons and they haver a special tool to do this who knows GM may have the same problem and have a tool too call a dealer and find out if they do

·
Registered
113 Posts
As long as you have some good easy outs you will have no problem getting the rest of the plug out. I have to remove several of them from a ford motor and all I used was some easy outs I purchased from my snap-on dealer. Worked great, I would definetly go this route instead of pulling the head.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts