S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced a broken bell housing on my sisters 95 2.2 five speed. Had a bad vibration, and found the bell housing to be the problem. I also replaced the clutch, pressure plate, etc. Replaced the trans because fifth gear was out, put in new trans mount, Replaced rear end, u joints, because of roar (bad seal, sounded and felt rough) replaced shocks, rear brakes, changed plugs and wires. Everything sounded smooth. Tested coils, injectors, all fine.

I took truck out for test drive, had bad vibration like beginning, but ran nice other than vibration. Got home, put up on rack, inspected, and bell housing was cracked again!! Motor mounts seem fine... I'm stumped. What would cause bell housing to break? I can't find anything in a bind or any reason for bell housing to crack..full break is coming just like I got it,:rant::( if I drive it.

Any ideas?

·
Chopper! Sic balls!
39,372 Posts
Where is it breaking? Did the trans mate to the engine without any problems when you installed it? Pictures would help.

·
It's "Neanderthal"
5,411 Posts
Mis-aligned drive angles maybe, does it have a lowering kit? Binding u-joints can do that but you replaced them. Bent or out of balance driveshaft?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.