S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse any ignorance on my part, as I am still a newbie...

Is there any way to "bridge" a headunit?

I know that you can't do it just like you do an amp, but I was wondering if there was a circuit that I could add?

What I want to do it run my dash speakers with all 4 channels of my deck (Premier DEH-P740MP).

My door speakers (Alipine Type R 6.5" Comp) are amped (Premier PRS-X220), so right now I have two channels of my head unit not doing anything.

I was thinking about buying a set of 3.5" and 1" speakers, and building a set of HPF (1") & BPF (3.5"), and just running each speaker on its own channel (mounted on a custom 4x6 plate), but I don't know if that's the best solution.

Andrew

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my old Pioneer HU you could "bridge" the rear speakers to run a single sub (I never tried it, but it was in the manual).

I wasn't going to try and bridge the front, because I was pretty sure that it was going to end up in smoke. I was more interested if anyone knew of an external circuit that would let me do this.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
asbanist said:
On my old Pioneer HU you could "bridge" the rear speakers to run a single sub (I never tried it, but it was in the manual).

I wasn't going to try and bridge the front, because I was pretty sure that it was going to end up in smoke. I was more interested if anyone knew of an external circuit that would let me do this.
Yes.

On some Pioneer models, you could "effectively" "bridge" 2 channels and have one that put out *70w*.
Never tried it, nor would you want too, since each channel only puts out about 10-15w anywho, it would maybe put out 25'ish watts.

The reason why you cant on most, is because each channel is already in essence, "bridged". Since they already "Bridged", you cant do it again.

What you could do, if you had an active crossover or an extremely good one on the Pioneer is run each tweet and mid to its own channel. If building your own speaker set, you could do it also. 4speakers = 4 channels. Just gotta have the crossovers to make it work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts