S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to know what optima will fit in the stock location of a 88 s10.
and what will be the best for runnin 3 compressors. 2 380's and one 450 and subs. all at the same time. and will i need a new altinator?

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
Yes it will fit and run everything but I'd get a better alt also. I had one in my 88 reg cab in the stock location. I stayed in there for about 3 years before it got moved to my blazer and finally died a few days ago.

·
o come on
945 Posts
dont but a optima, they r junk i've had one short out on me and caused me alot of headache
There is always a bad apple in every batch

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also what is the best one that i can get to fit in the stock location?

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
If you're planning on making the charging system run huge amounts of power (3 compressors and stereo in my opinion is pretty huge) then do not get a Red Top. They weren't really made for running large amounts of power, from what I've read. I've seen a bunch of people thinking Optima is Optima so they get a Red Top because it's cheaper and try to power a bunch of crap and then it fries. After that they go and talk crap on how they bought a $150 battery and it died right away, even though they were using it in the wrong application. Definitely get a Yellow Top, if you're going with Optima. I've had mine for about a 4 years now, and I bought mine used. No problems, all I have are good things to say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts