S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kellogg
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone recomend the toughest V-bets made that i can use on my edc, i have went through 5 or 6 belts, i have a 4.3 and every time i fire a lil bit belts either break in half or they shred, ive tried loosening the belt a little to keep off tension, but same thing happens

·
Layd the **** out
972 Posts
post up some pics.... but the edc is probably not properly inline with all the other pulleys being out of allignment jsut the slightest would do that.... hope the helps

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
This sounds stupid, but running the belt OVER the idler pulley will solve all of your problems. Mine ate belt after belt when it was routed BELOW the idler.....no problems after running OVER the idler.

By the way, you will be hard-pressed to find a better belt than a Gates belt. Gates is the company that supplies the blower belts for top fuel/funny cars, among many other things....VERY high quality.

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
the problem with the v-belt adapted edc's is simple (and i tried to tell airlift this when i had problems left and right, but they insisted it was just fine, as they had thousands of hours of engineering on it)

there is no active tensioning system for that v belt. they give you the adjustable idler pulley, to put tension on the belt. once that belt warms up, it's going to stretch out, and lose tension. once you have a tension loss, you're belt will sag on the bottom of the belt setup (i think, i can't think offhand which way the engine spins), and that sag is going to pull and yank on the edc. this can cause many things to happen, from snapped belts, to broken brackets, sheared bolts. i had belts and bolts break when i had my edc, i finally had enough, and got rid of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts