S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
stayin static
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i use a 3157 for a break light bulb? (stock break bulbs are 3057) i got these all clear tail lights and it came with no bulbs and the only red bulbs i can find are 3157. is there a major difference between 3057 and 3157? or maybe someone can help me find 3057 red bulbs?

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
no they're not the same. i went that route with my tails. don't do it man. hold out until you get the right bulbs.

they have only one filament persay... one pair of leads... for brake lights only. you will have NO running lights...

yes, they replace the bulb, because they are the same size and fit in the same socket... but no, they are not direct replacements. you will not have taillights... only brake/turn

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
if you look closer at them, you can onlny see one lead on each side of the bulb... the ones you NEED have two leads on each side of the bulb.

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
larstrak said:
no they're not the same. i went that route with my tails. don't do it man. hold out until you get the right bulbs.

they have only one filament persay... one pair of leads... for brake lights only. you will have NO running lights...

yes, they replace the bulb, because they are the same size and fit in the same socket... but no, they are not direct replacements. you will not have taillights... only brake/turn
never had any problems like that when i replace bulbs at my shop...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
hmmm...
come to think of it, i had 3056 i think. meh. maybe i'm retarded. not sure

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Hmm I am looking into this for myself too, I want to get red blinker bulbs and red side marker bulbs, now the side markers are 194LL, and your saying Yes i can put 3157 instead of 3057 (because I cant find 3057's that are coloured) And with the 3157's i will still have taillights on plus signals?

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
BeyondeXtReMe said:
Hmm I am looking into this for myself too, I want to get red blinker bulbs and red side marker bulbs, now the side markers are 194LL, and your saying Yes i can put 3157 instead of 3057 (because I cant find 3057's that are coloured) And with the 3157's i will still have taillights on plus signals?
yes

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
stayin static
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 23 Posts