S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried mounting a 2 door blazer body on the 4 door AWD Bravada chassis?

I have an 87 2WD blazer that I picked up cheap due to a locked engine, busted windshield, and stolen hood. Just begging to be v-8'ed I know, but I've always liked the idea of the AWD ever since first reading about the Syclones and Typhoons way back when. Anyway, after reading that the AWD system can't be mounted onto the 2WD frame, and learning that Bravada's came standard with the system, I started paying attention to them.

Tonight I found a really nice 92 Bravada 4 door 4.3 Vortech, loaded to the gills, digital dash, White/Maroon leather interior, yada yada yada for $2900. Maybe I jumped too quick but it seemed like a good deal.

Question: Is the 4dr frame longer than the 2dr or is this a simple swap of bodies onto frames? My thought here is swapping the passenger compartments effectively making a 2dr Bravada possibly with a V8 or a warmed up 4.3.

Any advice appreciated....

Wolfie,
Charlotte NC area

85 2wd Blazer (running, stock)
87 2wd Blazer (awaiting heart transplant)
92 Olds Bravada (awaiting ransom)

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
The body can't be swaped. The 4x4 frame is actually different from a 2wd frame. And a 4 door frame is different yet. As for lowering it, you can do drop blocks for the rear and loosen the torsion bar pivot screw to drop the front. The front won't drop much but it will help a little.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I measured and it is about 7" difference, looks like either I would have to separate the frame rails and use the front of the frame from the bravada or just section 7" out of it all together. Starting to consider just living with the rear doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts