S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna install the bravada 1 piece axle tube and shaft into my 97 blazer. I been studying this on various threads and I think I got most of it figured out except for an electrical switch on the blazer axle tube. I know the switch is used on the vacuum set-up and in not needed for the bravada axle since there is no connector for it on the bravada axle, but what do I do with it, just let it hang and tape it up, or cut it off or what? Thanks for any help. :)

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
just tie it up out of the way like stated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, that is what I will do in two weeks when I attempt the swap. I will take pictures too and post them.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wire it together like cut it off and connect the ends? I thought I read that somewhere but couldn't find the article/site again. Also, the vacuum axle tube on the blazer has thrush washers and other small parts on the end of the axle that have to be replaced when it is is put back together. Are these not needed on the bravada axle being swapped in? Thanks again for all the help. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could not get the damn seal out of the axle tube. It was very tight. I could not get any leverage. I did not have access to a vice so I came up with this. I bolted the tube to a piece of 2X10 and screwed the board to the studs in my garage at about 6 ft high. I tried the seal removal tool but it was way too flimsey and the thing bent all to hell. I found my large curved prybar and pulled down and up and sideways on the inner lip of the seal and sure enough it began to budge until it came out. The I did the same to the bearing. I was careful to not score any surfaces. It worked for me, maybe it will for others. Thanks for listening to me and the advice. I will take more pictures as I progress

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts