S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 Sonoma 2.2L MT w/ cruise & tilt

Do you have any brand suggestions for a Multi-Function Switch (column turn, headlamp, cruise, wiper/washer)? The correct GM / ACDelco 26100985 switch + stalk is $200+. Aftermarket units on Rock Auto range from ~$46-119 + tax + SH.

Extra info for troubleshooters. Instrument panel right turn signal indicator lights when it should not, but actual exterior lamps operate correctly. Irritating, but not critical. However, wiring diagram indicates, absent some weird, wiring/connector short, the only likely cause is the multi-function switch. It appears I can verify with a continuity/resistance check across the column side of the disconnected C206 Steering Column Harness connector, specifically cavities A2 (PPL) and A6 (DK BLU). So, I will do that before ordering.

·
time to get cereal
5,400 Posts
The last part is probably a bad connection at the harness connector, those clusters a junk. Try reseating it a couple times, make sure the stupid film circuit board goes in correctly.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The last part is probably a bad connection at the harness connector, those clusters a junk. Try reseating it a couple times, make sure the stupid film circuit board goes in correctly.
Thanks. I will check that if the column connector check does not show a stuck/shorted contact in the multi-function switch. The installed tach instrument cluster / panel is not the original, and I cleaned and checked the connections before installation. Do not know if you recall; I wanted to buy your tach panel but you were waiting on some other potential buyer. The original non-tach panel did the same thing. This is not critical, as evidenced by me just checking a schematic yesterday even though I noticed the problem July 2020 when I bought the truck. I am slowly working my way through the long list of “problems” to be expected with a 25 year old vehicle. If it is the switch, not certain it is worth fixing at this time. Reviews indicate the aftermarket switches are not very reliable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts