S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got half of my truck painted today and i wanted to share some pics with everyone. the bottom color is sunset orange and the top colro is a viper silver, its off a 2000 viper, not sure what it was called. im plannign on wet sanding it tomorrow and then laying out the stripe between the color and then clearing it again. the pics really dont do any justice cuz this thing looks wet and shiny in person, i spent countless hours on the body work, its straight as a board. looks sick. im very happy with the way it has turned out so far. what does everyone else think?

this is the silver, only the base coat, i layed out the top color first

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have to give you a link to the other one. the link is a pic of the top color masked off and the bottome color, base coat only.
sunset orange base color

and this pic is the entire thing cleared. like i said before the pics dont really do it any justice. i will keep everyone updated on my progress, im planning on haveing the bed painted by the beginning-middle of next week

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is the last one for now, its my hood clear coated. like i said before, body work is staright as a board, looks sick in person

Attachments

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Looks awesome dude. I should of got into body work, seems to be easier than turning wrenches but maybe im wrong. Can't wait to see it done.

·
Dey took rrr jobs!!
4,322 Posts
Looks awesome dude..I can't wait when I start doin my own painting n shit.

·
Rollin on Black 18s
529 Posts
Looks great man, nice to see someone who does all their own work too! Sick ride, can't wait to see it finished!

Drew

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx everyone, i appreciate all the positive feedback. anyone have any idea for the middle color? i need a color to break up the 2 colors. i was thinking maybe a white basecoat with a blue pearl over it, give it that tri coat look, youll only see the blue pearl at certain angles. think that would look funny? im kind of stuck of stuck on that matter

·
HATEKILLDESTROY
4,655 Posts
i think it would look sick if you just did a bright orange pinstripe inbetween the colors. just my oipinion but it looks clean bro!

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
damn, i was looking at doing a similar combo with a slightly darker red and reversed the top and botton....looks badass. nice work

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
Whoa, awsome looking!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts